Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bibler Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Frequently getting internet connection disconnection
    I have been getting my internet connection disconnected many times a day. I have consulted customer service of my service provider. They had a guy come and replaced my modem and cable splitter. It hasn't solved the problem. I have reduced my main hard drive's capacity, making sure the machine can work properly and the problem still persists. Could there be a problem with the computer? If yes, what might the problem be?

Also, I live in a condo, if this info might help.

Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 05:50 PM

I had a very similar problem with my internet connection for about 2 years. First it was with dial up, then it was with a DSL line. We had the phone company come out to the house and check things out. It seems that my home originally had two lines coming into it. The second line had been disconnected when prior owners moved out. When the 2nd line would "ring", it would make my 1st line think there was an incoming call. My dial up would constantly say that there was a call waiting and then disconnect the connection. The DSL line would do just about the same thing but would not give any prompt but just disconnect. When the phone company really disconnected the 2nd line, my computer was much better.

There also was one other thing that I also found was the problem. When I had a computer virus and had reloaded everything into the system, when I loaded the programs for the ethernet, etc. the first time I reloaded the programs, I had the DSL modem turned on. This resulted in being dumped off the internet every 2-3 hours! Until I decided to reload the programs after another virus, I had discovered my error. When you load the programs, do not have the modem connected or turned on or it will result in getting dumped every 2 hours.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 07:28 PM

I don't think I deserved the reddie as I was telling you what I had experienced and how I solved MY problem hoping that it would help.

This is not keeping with the rules of this site regarding giving others reddies. Read the rules of this site before you go reddie happy with someone else.

Also, some drivers CAN get corrupted or damaged and need to be reloaded so I would not discount reloading the drivers again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

No Internet connection on Desktop, but OK on Laptop [ 5 Answers ]

Hi well I have 1 PC and 1 laptop connected to the internet via a bt home hub but suddenly the PC has no internet connection but as you can see the laptop is fine any ideas?

Internet Disconnection [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new Dell computer with Vista Operating System. When I am on the internet, I keep getting bumped off by the message. That windows is configuring updates. Please let me know what I need to do, to stop this from happening... Thanks

No internet despite having connection [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had my computer crash and finally had to reinstall XP Pro. I have now configured my LAN correctly and I am informed I have access but cannot get on the net or any mail can anybody help please

View more questions Search