Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sevanibros01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Default Order - How do I collect my money
    Recently I was awarded a default order on censent, now I need to know how to collect my money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 07:49 AM

This is the hard part, if they just won't pay, most small claims judgements never get collected.

You have to find their money, where do they bank, where do they work, and get a garnishment if your state allows

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawyers trying to collect a default CC from 5 years ago [ 5 Answers ]

I opened a credit card in 1999 and was young & dumb and didn't pay it. In April of 2003 they sent it to collections with 30% interest. So a balance of $1,900 is now $3,000. The lawyer just sent me a letter in October 2008 that the debt is now due and owing. This is the first time that they have...

How do I lien a home to collect on a court order [ 1 Answers ]

My son was attack at school last year 2007 by to boys and the court awarded me restitution and to this day I have not seen a penny of it. I would like to know how to go about putting a lien on there homes and what else I can do to receive my restitution? I have done everything to keep on track with...

Money owed - but can I collect? [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I committed the cardinal sin of trying to help someone, a friend who was in desperate need of a car and needed a co-signer. I am in no position to co-sign, but I asked my boss, who is also a very good friend (still is - somehow) to co-sign. She did. It was a four or five-year loan. ...

Order of Default? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a post card from the Circuit Court saying they were notifying me of an order of Default against me. What does this mean? There is no phone numbers or anything to call on the post card, just the file number and creditor. We've ran into some bad financial troubles, and I cannot...

Can I collect interest on a loan that is in default? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter's best friend (past tense) mom borrowed $700.00 from me with a verbal agreement to pay me every two weeks until the loan was paid off. She started paying as agreed one payment and then I had to call her for other payments. I collected in total $300.00 from her. She stopped answering...

View more questions Search