Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsibanker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 05:17 AM
    How can I find this person online?
    Hi

My friend recently started seeing a guy, but and don't hate me.. I have tried to Google him to see if he is legitimate. But after countless attempts I always come up empty. He claims to be an Investment banker and to have graduated from 2 ivy league schools.. yet I am unable to even get a hit on his name? I don't think he is lying but in this day and age where everyone gets at least one hit on Google or the internet.. I cannot find one scrap of info on him... help me
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 05:26 AM

Hi, gsibanker!

Have you tried the following two sites for searching for people?

People Search - Find Public Records at PeopleFinders

Free People Search by ZabaSearch!

Both are free to use, up to a point.

Thanks!
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Jan 21, 2009, 12:47 PM

I'm not sure if the free sites will give you info on his schooling and such... lol sounds fishy to me... you may have to pay some money to find out, but it might be worth it.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 12:52 PM

Free services don't work... I can't even find myself! :D

You can search public records but you need to know quite a lot about this guy other than name.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 01:05 PM

I will disagree, I can find a lot of people, can find things on people who don't even use the internet on various search engines at times even unlisted phone numbers.

If they are anyone esp business people, wrote up in magazines and so on.

But it is easy on the college, call the college, registor office I believe and verify that they are a graduate of that school, just like a background check
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 01:06 PM

On the free services, if the person that is searched for is in the U.S. it's very possible to find someone's name, other relatives, businesses the person might be running, age, where the person has lived and maybe some additional information.

Like I stated, they are free, to a point, then you have to pay to find out other things.

If the person is in the U.S. there are also free birthday databases where some information might be found.

There are also sites where it's possible to find classmates, where and when they went to school. Some operate on an international basis. Find Your Classmates - Google Search

Using the free sites might at least be a start...

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Thanks to everyone for your responses. I spent almost 4hours yesterday going through reverse cell phone look up, he attended columbia and harvard and I tried finding the roster for graduating classes in 1999 and 2003 respectively nothing came up.

I mean I have his full name, DOB, where he supposedly lives, I don't know why I can't come up with any info?? I even know that he works for a large investment firm.. and I tried to look up the employee directory and they didn't seem to have one.. if worse comes to worse.. I was thinking of calling them up and asking for him.. but that seems a little too extreme.. I am not a psycho nor have any intention of becoming one.. but this does seem odd doesn't it??

I guess you guys are right I may have to pay some $$ to find out the real deal.

Jan 21, 2009, 08:12 PM
    Do u think it would be OK to call up those universities and verify info? I mean would they give out that info??
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 11:03 PM

I guess that you could try to contact those institutions. However, whether they give out any information at all would probably be contingent on any privacy/confidentiality policies that they have, and it might make a difference as far as who is asking for the information and why.

There may also be laws in place in those respective place governing the amount of information that might be given out.

If you do call them, the information that they might give to you would most likely be only that he did attended those schools for certain periods and whether he did graduate.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find person [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to locate a person by the name of "Sandy R Wildfang" This person is Male and is located somewhere in Manitoba. Can anyone please help me. I have been unable to locate & I need to do a reference check, so the sooner I locate the better. Thanks!

Is it possible at all to find out a name of a person just by a photo? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a photo of a man who appears to be either a model or an actor, but I don't know his name. Is it possible at all to find out his name by the photos I have?

FIND this person [ 6 Answers ]

Who is the person in the photograph of my nickname? Thanks

How can you find out where a person has been in the last 8 weeks? [ 16 Answers ]

My husband and I had a fight and he took off 8 weeks ago. I have been told that he is in a rehab but nobody will tell me where he is. How can I find out where he has been the last 8 weeks? I also have a missing persons report filed. I have heard nothing.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to find this person? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for ancestors of this person. She went by Eleonore Schlund born 04-03-1939. Not sure of the year of birth. She had a child male born 1954-55 and a female born 05-17-1956. The daughter was adopted and moved to the United States at birth or shortly afterwards. She was given to DeForest...

View more questions Search