Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clcooper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 08:43 PM
    The elderly
    Is there a law in Florida that can protect the elderly from verbal abuse from a neighbor, and if the person is on probation how can I find there probation officer?

Thanks
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 20, 2009, 09:14 PM

Look in the blue pages for your local state attorney's office. Ask them about the verbal abuse. I doubt highly that you can do anything about that, unless he threatens you or physically touches you, then of course, call the police. About the other thing, also look in the blue pages for the probation office and ask to speak to someone. If you have his name, his officer can be found, and you can tell him/her what a lousy neighbor he is. It might not get him in trouble, but I imagine that his probation officer could possibly "pop in" and catch him with something, or the fact that he hears what trouble he is starting from his P.O. might be enough to get him to back down. If you have a cordless or cellular phone, always carry it with you when you go outside. Videotape him being an unwelcome neighbor, and give it to the police, or his P.O. He'll back down hopefully, if he sees that you are not going to take his strife. Good luck!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 02:05 PM

Physical harm done to an elderly person in Florida is a crime. I'm not familiar with any punishments for verbal abuse. The best thing would be to just ignore the person's verbal abuse and go inside your home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly Mom with CC Debt [ 7 Answers ]

My 70+ mother has racked up a lot of credit card debt. She has no job, no money, no assets. She lives in my home. She owes more for her car than it's worth. I make the payment's for her. She get's a very small amount of SSI monthly. Other family members have advised her to file bk. She has called...

Helping Elderly [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother lives in a 2 bedroom senior citizens apartment complex. Lately, she has been having trouble getting around, and my mother and aunt have been taking turns spending the night with her. One of my nieces is willing to stay with her more regularly - maybe two weeks at a time. The landlord...

Elderly Yawning [ 4 Answers ]

I am a waitress at a hotel, for the residents, and around 98% of the time, its elderly people (over 50's I expect) and I'm always fine and awake when I arrive, but as soon as they enter the room, I can't control myself and keep yawning. I don't know if its to do with me being tired (which I'm...

Foreclosure and elderly [ 5 Answers ]

What happens when a bank forecloses on a house? My mom has her house listed for sale but owes more than the asking price. She is elderly and living on a fixed income and I was wondering what would happen if she just doesn't pay her mortgage? How long does the foreclosure take?

Elderly in general [ 2 Answers ]

Who is defined as “the aged” What status are the aged given within the family unit / society in general What authority are the aged given inside the family unit / society in general Is there evidence of discrimination against the elderly

View more questions Search