Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlmatte Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Restraing order Neighbor has on ex husband
    Ok so here it is. I have these nieghbors. She has a restraining order on her ex husband. But she lets him live there. When she gets mad she calls the cops and says he showed up and was violating the restraining order. When all the neighbors know and maintenance people that work at the complex know he lives there. He has no family so when she asks him to go back he does because he has no one else to stay with. Well She just once again called the cops on him because they got into an argument and said he was violating it. He goes to court for it soon is there anything I can do to help him out and get him out of jail because he doesn't deserve to be there at all. I have notarized statements to bring to court from tenants and maintenance people saying she allowed him to live there. She is the type of person that lies so much that she starts to believe her own lies. She also has a history of getting restraining orders on ex's even after she hit them she goes and gets one on them. WHat can I do to help him to get out of jail because he shouldn't be there because she is lying. He is not going back to live with her because I found him a friend to stay with. He just wants out of jail PLEASE HELP!!

JLM
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 20, 2009, 09:29 PM

I'd advise that you call the clerk of courts office, or the district or state's attorney office and ask who you could speak to about this. If he has been assigned a public defender, get his/her name and contact that office with the information. Including the notarized letters. He may use you and your neighbors as witnesses if it goes to trial. Also, be aware that even if he was invited by her, he still broke the law. And may have to go to jail for that. But when he gets out, try to help him find another place to stay well away from his ex. Good luck!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmatte View Post
    Ok so here it is. I have these nieghbors. She has a restraining order on her ex husband. But she lets him live there. When she gets mad she calls the cops and says he showed up and was violating the restraining order. When all the neighbors know and maintenance people that work at the complex know he lives there. He has no family so when she asks him to go back he does because he has noone else to stay with. Well She just once again called the cops on him because they got into an argument and said he was violating it. He goes to court for it soon is there anything I can do to help him out and get him out of jail because he doesnt deserve to be there at all. I have notarized statements to bring to court from tenants and maintenance people saying she alowed him to live there. She is the type of person that lies so much that she starts to believe her own lies. she also has a history of getting restraining orders on ex's even after she hit them she goes and gets one on them. WHat can I do to help him to get out of jail because he shouldnt be there because she is lying. He is not going back to live with her because I found him a friend to stay with. He just wants out of jail PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

JLM

I can only speak for NY but if there is a restraining order and he has been ordered to stay away and does NOT stay away he will be arrested. It doesn't matter if he wanders onto her property or if she lures him back into the house. He has violated the order. If the Police drove by and saw him there they could have arrested him - she didn't have to make the call.

The Court (in NY) has zero tolerance for these matters. Restraining orders are not given out lightly or easily and the Court and Police take them very seriously.

He has violated the order. I don't see affidavits or testimony or anything else changing that and getting him out of jail.

If bail has been set, then someone should bail him out. If not, he'll have to see what happens next.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proposed Order/Signed order [ 17 Answers ]

We have a signed temporary order from Jan 2008. The court master issued a propsed order Sept 2008, but that has not been signed, and it may take a while since exceptions were fied. The proposed order has a modified schedule and a different CS amount and orders the Sept payment to go to me...

I like my neighbor. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Its me again! I also like my next door neighbor. He flirts with me constantly! But he never has made a move yet and I am to scared to ask him because if he ends up not liking me I don't want to ruin our friendship that we already have. Another problem is his sister and I are good friends and I...

Neighbor law [ 2 Answers ]

How is responible for cutting a tree down when it hang over the property line?

My neighbor. Yes/no? Why? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old guy. I haven't dated anyone before. I'm neighbors with a 17 year old girl who is 18 in just a few months. I have been her neighbor for 6 years. We're also in the same car together every morning going to school, have 2 classes with her, and two days of the week in the same after...

View more questions Search