Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Its A New Day Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2009, 06:43 PM
    Real UNBIASED Medical Evaluations of Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Mequinol
    As I have trolled this forum in search of "the miracle cream" or "the miracle solution," I have learned tons of things not to do, but have also seen some spamming/advertising, unresearched arguments, and no pictures to prove said claims. Luckily I found an article that I hope that many of you will find useful, because like me, I am sure that so many of you are still searching for REAL ANSWERS.

IMO I think I will go with a kojic acid and licorice extract regimen in addition to my 4% HQ Tri-Luma since this article proves these 3 ingredients have proven effective. My motive? Post-acne scars and an uneven tone all-over my body plus a darker stomach post-pregnancy. Of course I will share any positive and negative results once I figure out a regimen, but for now, Does anyone know of an effective solution that contains licorice extract BESIDES BIO CLAIR?
    Its A New Day Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2009, 06:45 PM

My apoligies! The link to the article is as follows:

Skin Lightening and Depigmenting Agents: - eMedicine
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Its A New Day View Post
    MY APOLIGIES! THE LINK TO THE ARTICLE IS AS FOLLOWS:

Skin Lightening and Depigmenting Agents: - eMedicine
    It'sANewDay, thanks for this as well as the thread. I am liking the combination of hq 4% and kojic acid. I haven't used arbutin and mequinol yet, but hope to later in the future. Are you still using licorice extract as well?
    ishq Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2009, 09:28 PM

Almost none of them state what % licorice extract they contain, so I buy my own in liquid form in the dropper bottles from Puritan.

And mix it into whatever cream/lotion I'm using at da moment.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 09:47 PM
    How well does the licorice work and what percentage do you use?
    How long did it take for you to notice lightening?
    jasmynn Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Dec 3, 2009, 04:42 PM

What is the diferrence between Lustra and Tri-Luma? Anyone used both?

Dec 3, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Never mind, I found this in the article that "it's a new day" posted. I guess I should've kept reading.
    (Tri-Luma is a popular combination skin-lightening agent that contains 0.01% fluocinolone, 4% hydroquinone, and 0.05% tretinoin in a cream formulation.)
    THanks
    Great Article!
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Dec 3, 2009, 06:09 PM

Don't you need prescribtion for TriLuma? Fluocinolone a steroid?

Dec 3, 2009, 07:02 PM

I guess not, here's one site I found. I've never ordered from them before, they seem to be quite expensive. I'm still looking for other sites that may sell cheaper. It seems that this is a pretty expensive ointment though. I liked this one so far because (supposedly) owned by a licensed esthitician and it's the only place I found under 100 dollars so far.
    Skin-careonline
    If anyone uses Triluma and get it cheaper can you please tell us where to buy?

I was originally looking for lustra, but I guess Triluma is a lot more effective?
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmynn View Post
    I guess not, here's one site i found. I've never ordered from them before, they seem to be quite expensive. I'm still looking for other sites that may sell cheaper. It seems that this is a pretty expensive ointment though. I liked this one so far b/c (supposedly) owned by a licensed esthitician and it's the only place I found under 100 dollars so far.
    skin-careonline
    If anyone uses Triluma and get it cheaper can you please tell us where to buy?

I was originally looking for lustra, but I guess Triluma is a lot more effective?
    The generic hq and tretinoin brands will lighten just as well also and are much cheaper. That is what I'm using. Yes fluocinolone is a topical steroid used for redness, inflammation, and swelling from the hq and retin-a. But, in my opinion shea butter, vaseline, (and I'm sure others) work well for me with redness and inflammation.
    blkini84 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    How well does the licorice work and what percentage do you use?
    How long did it take for you to notice lightening?

Yes please do tell because I was just thinking about doing this as well
    saurabhnpil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
    U can mail me I will sent you from india it is cheaper here my mail id is [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amazed With Results! Glycolic Acid and Kojic Acid [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will...

Kojic acid, Arbutin and vitamin C powders [ 4 Answers ]

I've been searching for skin lightening products and I found Kojic acid, Arbutin and vitamin C powders on Ebay... They says that you can mix one of them into your moisteriser and use it... Have you guys tried that and please tell me the intructions how I can make it... Thanx a lot.

Any 1 know about Kojic acid and Arbutin side effects? [ 4 Answers ]

Any 1 know about Kojic acid and Arbutin side effects?. Is there any care to avoid the side effects? :confused:

View more questions Search