Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Jan 20, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Trying my hand at entertaining
    Where does a person start if they want to try their hand at acting/entertaining. I live in the bay area California.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 05:31 AM

Hi, blondndisguise5!

There are community theaters, dinner theaters, perhaps restaurants or bars that might have open mic nights, etc.

What sort of specific thing is it that you're looking to do, please? Knowing that would help to narrow down things some.

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2009, 05:42 PM

I would like to do small TV show/series acting maybe like soaps or something. Even commercials. Where do u look to get discovered? Or do u need an agent?
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 12:06 AM

Considering that it's California, and I'm sure that there's an immense amount of competition at the professional level, then I would recommend that you get an agent.

That wouldn't necessarily be the case around where I'm live, though. There's not as much competition here. I do see people in local commercials around here at times, who got there start in amateur, community theater productions.

Talent scouts do show up at the venues that I mentioned in my first answer to you.

How much actual experience have you had acting, please?

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2009, 01:14 AM

Not too much just school plays and camps... where does one find an agent? Do u know of any good ones?

I just feel like its something I could have a passion for so I would like to just try it out
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 01:24 AM

You can find an agent by asking talent agency people that you'll find in the phone book, by asking people at community theaters, professional dinner theaters, television stations, etc. who they might recommend for an agent.

But, it does sound to me like you need to getting a lot more experience at the amateur level. If you do that, it will help you a lot in the long run.

If you have a passion for something, then go for it! Are you currently in school? If so, what level, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entertaining baby [ 9 Answers ]

My little girl is 4 weeks old. She can't seem to entertain herself at all. When she is awake I can put her down for maybe 10 minutes before she starts getting fussy. I put her in the swing, the bouncy chair, the entertainment mat, etc... if I am lucky she will be happy for 10 minutes before she...

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

Entertaining a child [ 5 Answers ]

How do I entertain a 3 year old boy.:)

The most entertaining pro wrestler today [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone disagree with me that the most entertaining pro wrestler today is Ray Mysterio? I think most pro wrestlers use the same brute force wrestling moves week after week. On the other hand, I think Ray has an enormous variety of moves, and always shows you something interesting, although...

View more questions Search