Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 20, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Announcements after Civil Ceremony
    My 21 year old daughter will be marrying her Canadian boyfriend in a courthouse wedding very soon. This is great news for me because she and I feel the same way about big fancy weddings. Don't care for them. I want to send announcements out afterward. I need to get a list from the grooms parents, make my list, design, order, address and mail these announcements.
    Is it important that I rush and get these out as soon as possible after the actual ceremony or do I have the luxury of taking my time. (within reason of course)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 05:11 PM

Oh, I see, didn't get it at first (dah) announcements after the fact means exactly what it says. No one is to know until after the fact. Good idea. Well I would say a month would be as long as you should wait to let others know. You may meet with some derides, especially if they are people who knew your daughter well and may be offended. Yes, it will happen and you will have to get through some phone calls after the announcement asking why ? You can handle it, right ?

Yes, I would say a month after the fact would be the longest you could wait to announce the good news. Good luck cozy !

Ms tickle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graduation announcements - no ceremony? [ 19 Answers ]

I am graduating from college this week and my husband and mother both suggested that I send out announcements. I was unsure about this because I am not walking, so there is no ceremony, and there is no party. Is it really necessary to send out announcements? I mean, I want to let my family and...

Is it wrong to have a civil ceremony now, and a big wedding later? [ 5 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I want to get married when he comes home on leave in Dec. He is in The marines and he has to go to iraq in Feb. I want to marry him because i love him so much :D and if worse comes to worse at least I will have his last name! So would it be wrong to do a civil ceremony now and while...

Graduation Announcements - High School [ 1 Answers ]

Who is actually sending out the announcements? The graduate or the parents of the graduate?

View more questions Search