Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordan1989 Posts: 48, Reputation: -1

Jan 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Digital TV Subchannel Programming
    Next month after they shut down all the analog TV stations, I'm thinking about switching to DTV and cancelling cable. What kinds of programming is on DTV subchannels? I know there's a lot of classic programs on some channels. Will they ever have subchannels that show classic game shows and cartoons, like from the 70's and 80's?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 04:54 PM

Every area is different, since there are limits on the distance some areas will have little or not channels, some of the larger cities may have a few more. I know my mom is getting 4 good channels now and will get a few more when it changes over

Jan 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
    OK, thanks. Is there any websites that tell me exactly what's broadcast on the digital subchannels? I know the listings at tvguide.com are not complete because there is a channel that I get that's not listed on the site.

When I select Broadcast Channels, it has, for example, channel 7, 7.1, 7.2, etc. After Feb 17, will they drop the listing for channel 7 and only list 7.1 and 7.2 since 7 by itself is an analog channel?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 05:21 PM

One thing I read it that the main channel (ex: 7) will be high definition and the sub channels will not be... also at peak times like primetime some channels will drop one or 2 sub channels to broadcast primetime shows with the best picture quality on the main channel.
    Tim58hsv Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan1989 View Post
    OK, thanks. Is there any websites that tell me exactly what's broadcast on the digital subchannels? I know the listings at tvguide.com are not complete because there is a channel that I get that's not listed on the site.
    Hi Jordan.

For a listing of digital programming in your area go to TitanTV.com. Put in your zip code and choose the digital listings. Also for a list of what channels you should get in your area go to AntennaWeb.org and again put in your zip code. Both are great sites.

As for the extras on dtv there's not many of those yet but give 'em time. Over-the-air television is experiencing a re-birth and I believe one day soon it will be competing head on against the pay-to-view services such as cable and satellite. Yea, I'm optimistic. :)

Some of the new channels available in certain areas on dtv are the Retro Television Network, This TV network, and Dot 2 television. I'm sure there will be many more specialized dtv channels coming soon.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 09:21 PM

Currently, check out TitanTV - The Definitive Source for Analog, Digital (HDTV), Cable and Satellite TV Listings. Things will change. Count on it.

Jan 22, 2009, 09:27 PM
    I'm only 20, but my parents are in their 50's. There's a lot of shows they used to watch over the decades (before cable), and in my opinion (and theirs too), EVERY one of those shows should be aired on a DTV channel. They should make enough DTV channels to air re-runs of every program that aired over the last 50 years. This includes game shows, sit-coms, and cartoons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I'll be extremely thankful if u could provide me with a c program that convert a given nfa to dfa

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help from you regarding a particular problem. I am using libnet raw packet library (libnet_build_ethernet) for transferring data over the network. For this, I have to first convert all the data to u_char type and then serialize them to contiguous memory locations. Can...

Changing from non digital thermostat to digital [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old non digital Honeywell T87F thermostat, gas burner with baseboard water heat. Can I change to a new digital Honewywell RTH230B and how? Thank you

C programming help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi people I want to shut down my system after a specified time I want to use the time() method but I need to know the exe file that runs after the specified time. Please let me know also if there is any other way to shut down my system after some particular time Thank you Best regards

View more questions Search