Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fab1987 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Risks of STD's
    I would never have sex with a girl without using a condom unless I was in a long term relationship with her.

But what about oral sex and kissing?

If a girl gives a guy oral sex what are the dangers to her?
    If a guy gives oral to her, what are the dangers to him?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 01:19 PM

I believe that most STDs can be passed by oral sex as well as intercourse.

Your best bet is to wear a condom anyway, or for whoever is giving the oral sex to wear at least a dental dam.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Yes, most STDs can be passed oral to genital.

Jan 20, 2009, 01:38 PM

I guess the days of casual sex are over then eh? Basically your going to get an STD if you have casual sex.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 01:50 PM

You must be a guy.

Or much older than I am.

"Pregnancy" is sexually transmitted as well, and the one that most women fear getting more than they do other STDs.

There hasn't been any such thing as "safe sex" since the sexual revolution, if then. It used to be "Safe" to have sex because the only person you were supposed to be having sex with was your spouse.

There is "safer" sex--which involves protecting yourself.

Perhaps you should just consider keeping oral sex to long-term relationships as well?

Jan 20, 2009, 02:07 PM

I would always use a condom during intercourse which removes the possibility of pregnancy, however oral is a different matter. It seems the risks are equally as high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

STD's and babies [ 15 Answers ]

If you have genital warts can you pass it to your baby? Will it have warts on it when its born? Can the doctors treat it and cure it?

Hysterectomy and std's [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy, but they left one ovary, I have had this strange pain in my insides which is hard to pinpoint since I have no insides. The pain began after I had sex with my husband and that was 3 months ago. The pain began as a backache then I started getting a foul smell. I recently used...

Std's [ 11 Answers ]

Is it possible for an STD to form without actually having sex with someone who has one? My girlfriend and I had sex earlier (without a condom, she's on the pill and I didn't have one. I know, I know. Don't lecture me.) and now "I'm" doing weird things. The head is really dry and itchy and the left...

View more questions Search