Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shinedown45o Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Weight lose for school
    Hey, yeah yeah I know I'm almost 17 and I haven't stopped growing. All I want to do is loose a few pounds of my belly how do I do it? HELP!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2006, 07:27 AM
    How tall are you? Are you big boned, medium or small? How much do you weigh?
    shinedown45o Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 07:40 AM
    The only thing I need help on is my baby fat. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm 5'5" and weigh over 140 but under 155 id rather not say. I'm boned medium I think
    NightAlone Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
    I'd also like to know how to lose some weight here, I'm 5'5" and around 135, I suppose.
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 07:19 AM
    It is all about eating right and exercise.

Lots of fruits and vegetables, stay away from starches (starch is a natural sugar by the way), sweets. Eat small portions throughout the day. Never let your stomach go into starvation mode.

Walk, run, go to a gym.

Nov 10, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Well, see, that's what everyone says. Basically, be a healthy person and you'll be at a good weight. But you know what I'd like? I'd like an interesting meal plan, you know? Maybe something like:
    1) 100 calorie yogurt for breakfast with a water
    2) an apple and yogurt for lunch with a water
    3) some kind of candy/cookie for your sweet tooth somewhere between 2:00 and 4:00
    4) any kind of soup for dinner with a water

And then nothing else after that. Would that work?
    Expert

Nov 10, 2006, 04:40 PM
    That sounds good.

You can add granola to your yogurt for breakfast, and maybe some strawberries.

If you can do without the candy or cookie you would be better off.

I prefer fresh uncooked veggies and dip, that sort of thing.

Nov 11, 2006, 05:04 AM
    Hm. But there's also the BAD thing... (I couldn't think of something else to say, my vocabulary stops at 10th grade English) Um, I work at McDonalds on the weekends. That's where I crash and burn.

No worries though, I got the point, I know how to substitute things, but it sucks that I can't eat what I want, RAWR.

My dad's putting a TV in front of our treadmill, lmao. That'll help, for about a week.
    krazykate67 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 03:02 PM
    I'm about 5'7 and 165 -170 but I'm big boned too
    I wonder if this is over weight which it probably is
    But I'd like to lose weight too

Nov 27, 2006, 05:17 PM
    I don't consider you over weight, but if you're interested in losing weight you should keep your metabolism up by eating snacks through the day.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shinedown45o
    Hey, yeah yeah i know im almost 17 and i havn't stoped growing. All i want to do is loose a few pounds of my belly how do i do it? HELP!
    You really need to exercise to tone up your belly, but you can help your efforts by eating the right foods. Such as almonds, they contain protein and fiber, vitamin e The magnesium helps with the levels of sugar in the blood which will help ward off cravings. (eat around 20 a day, or 1 oz). (160 calories). Eggs or egg beaters, apples (2-3 apples or pears a day.) Berries, loaded with fiber 1/2 cup a day (@30 calories), leafy green veggies, yogurt 1-3 cups a day low fat or fat free yogurt:. Veggie soup, broth based or low fat cream based soups 2x a day; seafood salmon, tuna and mackrel the omega3 fatty acids help the burning of fat. Use a stationary bike, or use steps, do crunches at leat 30 minutes every other day. Drink lots of water before all meals, and cut out the junk food, and fast food.:cool: Keep trying, before you know it you'll be looking fine!! Don't give up... :rolleyes:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2006, 10:04 PM
    No real substitution for exercise, as in cardio, kick your butt, pump your heart exercise.

Watching your diet is fine, and important, but get a cardio program going and you will reap the benefits big time. Period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lose A LOT of weight [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Sheena and in last two years I have gained about 90lbs,I swear I gain like 2lbs a week and my eating habits aren't that bad. I recently got a gym membership and have been going every day and I also ride my horse every day. I need some advise on what to get at the grocery store...

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been trying to loose weight for a very long time!! I am very active as in walking and always running around with the kids I work with! But I never seem to loose weight! Almost a year ago I gained a lot of weight after my house my burnt down and never seemed too loose...

Lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there expert buddy I have problem with my weight, I am 182 lbs.. I have a difficult time waking up in the morning. I used to dance belly dancing, but I stop it.. My friends told me to try to go to GYM, I insist that when I go to GYM, there are tendency that I cannot maintain my routine...

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

View more questions Search