Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zesty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 07:48 AM
    D drive issues
    My d drive for my laptop isn't working. It won't read Dvd's or cd's:confused:
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 20, 2009, 11:39 AM

When did it start... did your computer recently do an update?

Right click My Computer then pick properties... is your PC Windows XP SP3 <- SP3 is the important part to look for.

If you have SP3 - check out this thread
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cd-dvd...ml#post1262980
    speel00 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2009, 12:22 PM

If you have either XP OR Vista, this is a common problem. Try updating the firmware for your drive or update the driver.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 20, 2009, 01:02 PM

Do NOT update firmware unless it absolutely necessary!
    There is no reason... if it was working... then it stopped. It will be because software changed in your PC... NOT because firmware.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

Girlfriend, Sex Drive, Affection issues. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys, new here to the board so I am hoping to get some suggestions. So here is the story. I am 28 yrs old, previously married, 2 kids (9yrs and 6yrs). Been togeather with my girlfriend (age 39) for almost 8 months. We have lived togeather full time for 5. At first when we had met,...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Drive Opening Issues [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I'm having a problem. When I right click any of my drive it doesn't show "Open" & "Explore" options. Instead it show some other language (Probably Chinese) just for these two options. All other options are still in English n work properly. Help me.:confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search