Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kazouh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Immigration Laws
    If I am a ciitizen, but I became a citizen years ago, will I be deported if I marry someone to help them stay in the country and the marriage is fake?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kazouh View Post
    If I am a ciitizen, but I became a citizen years ago, will I be deported if I marry someone to help them stay in the country and the marriage is fake?
    If get caught, sham marriage for immigration benefits may cause you $250,000 fine and up to 25 years imprisonment, but if you already have long criminal record, you may be in hot water. Naturalized citizens can be deported... read here: New law allows deportation of naturalized US citizens -DAWN - Top Stories; 06 January, 2005

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration laws.and marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I called immigration on somebody who I know is an illegal immigrant, I gave them the person's name, address, and social security # they were using. I feel bad now and I wanted to know the chances that ICE would actually respond and deport them because they are not a felon and have been in the U.S....

Immigration laws- [ 3 Answers ]

I married an illegal immigrant from Mexico in Feb. 07-so its only been about 7 months.Hes been here since 1999 and has not done anything towards getting legal. I am ready to start a family and buy a house together but because he doesn't have a valid ss# it is impossible for him to do just about...

Immigration laws [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just got mu US Citizen ship. I am married with 2 children, my wife is also a permanent Resident. I want to sponsor my father in law and mother in law, who are in ASYLEE status in Germany. Can I sponsor my spouse parents and what is the process.

Immigration Laws On Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I have come from pakistan 5 years ago, I got married to a british citizen. I have not got a british passport or a british nationality, but I do have a permanent visa to stay in the uk. I am now divorced and wish to marry someone in pakistan. Can I call my permanent who I marry in pakistan to the...

Debate on Immigration laws [ 13 Answers ]

I need help on writing a debate about whether immigration laws should be inforced more on not. I need facts from both sides of the debate. Anyone have any tips or sites?

View more questions Search