Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elissa714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Small Business in Texas required to offer medical benefits to salary employees?
    I work for a small Texas business that only has 3 employees. I have been working hourly, but they want to put me on salary, which works for me. They aren't sure if they have to offer me medical benefits if they do give me salary instead of hourly. Are they? :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 07:27 PM
    No, why should they have to ? But heck if they don't know, tell them you think so, since everyone should have benefits.

Now in general, if they offer insurance to the other salary people, then they will be required to offer it to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up Salary Employees [ 3 Answers ]

How do I set up the pay for a salary employee? Do I determine the pay based on weekly, monthly, or yearly totals. For example: The employer wants an employee to receive $1200.00 per week gross pay. Do I times that by 52 weeks (which would be $62400.00). Or do I times that by 4 (4800.00) and...

Payroll salary employees [ 1 Answers ]

If a salary employee works less then 40 hours do they get paid for 8 hours a day or total time they had in?

Cutting salary employees pay [ 6 Answers ]

Can an employeer cut a salary employees pay and move them to an hourly position because of being absent with out any kind of warning first?

View more questions Search