Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marigold3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Step up CDs
    I have a step up CD with 5-1/2% interest rate, but the price is going down. I bought at $1 and it is now 92 cents. How can this be and is it likely to be called?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2006, 05:20 PM
    You CD must be based on certain investment spreads, while for a 3 year average my investments do about 12 percent I did much better last year. But for the last 3 month I have lost on all of mine. So many of the investment funds have been seriously going down or not having any profit over this last few months.

And of course with any futures type investment a margin call is always possible. I am not sure what safety net they have or see this as only a short term issue. But you should always have the cash on hand to pay any margin call when it happens.

** I lost everything in Gold in the 80's, when the futures fell about 1/3 in a week.

I foresee the current fall to continue to the Congressional elections at least. So it is iffy right now. Of course I have no idea what funds or investments your CD is based on.
    marigold3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2006, 05:16 AM
    This is not a margin account. It is a 25 year CD with Hapoalim Bank of NY that makes community service loans to corporations, sort of like Federal Home Loan Bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evil step mom [ 27 Answers ]

I am writing because I have an evil step mom. I know you are all thinking that I must be irrational, but any other step parents out there will agree that it is women like this one that gives them such a bad name, and they get the flack for people like her. My little brother and I live at home....

Right step [ 6 Answers ]

Just like my Id my life is playing a part with me. I am 26 year old man at point 1 ( country ) who had been in long distance arrange marriage with G1 at point 2 ( country ) since last 2 years ( though we never slept with each other ) and we both are muslim as religious background. In 2 years we...

Help with the next step [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Maria and I have just written out my web site for my business, which I would like to launch soon. I think it looks great, but my problem is, I don't know what to do now. What is my next step? Who do I call? I sort-of need not just a web site developer, but all three of these things: ...

Step parent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know anything about step parents rights? Do we have any? Where do I look to find out more?

View more questions Search