Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrryhkr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Refinancing a house
    I have owned our home for 13 yrs. I refianced 2 yrs ago because I needed money. Countrywide bought the note. Home is in Arkansas my wife and I work in Okla. Without us realizing it, we changed our status from occuping the home to it being considered a second home. Our house was broken into years earler, so we moved our son into it, they pay the bills, we pay the mortgage. Everything is still in our name, but we pay taxes in Okla. And have a Okla. Drivers license. How can we get the house re-fied. Countrywide turned us down because of not being qualified as living there and probably other reasons we do not know of. My credit score is 672 my wife 651. We had the house appraised in dec. 08. It appraised for 134K we owe 117K. They don't want to help us refie. Our monthly rate goes up$250/mth in April, then every 6 months thereafter. We don't want to sell, especially now, with the prices down. Is there any lender you can think of who will help us? Thank you
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 19, 2009, 02:16 PM

Talk to a mortgage broker. Not countrywide. (I HATE THEM! Lol)

A broker might be able to help more... they might find a bank that's more willing.
    bohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 12:15 PM

I work for a broker in SC and we consider 2nd homes the same as a primary residence...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 12:20 PM

The credit scores will be the issue, But you will need to shop around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce w/Bankruptcy. Can I get her name off the house without refinancing? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok my wife and I are currently filing chapter 7 bankruptcy, and planning a dissolution of the marriage. The house is in both of our names, is there any way to remove her name from the deed/mortgage (with her consent) without refinancing? If not, what are the odds of being able to get the...

Bankruptcy w/Divorce can I get her name off the house without refinancing? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok my wife and I are currently filing chapter 7 bankruptcy, and planning a dissolution of the marriage. The house is in both of our names, is there any way to remove her name from the deed/mortgage (with her consent) without refinancing? If not, what are the odds of being able to get the...

Bankruptcy w/Divorce Can I get her name off the house without refinancing? [ 1 Answers ]

Name on house title without refinancing [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter and boyfriend purchased a house in Montana they are living in. The house is titled in his name only. They are not married except by common-law. Is there any way possible to get my daughters name placed on the title without refinancing the existing loan and incuring closing cost and with...

Refinancing [ 1 Answers ]

We moved to Florida 16 months ago and are planning on moving back to Iowa. It is not what we thought. We sold our home in Iowa and the market was starting to fall. So we didn't make a lot. We bought a home down here because everyone kept saying the market was going to go up fast. Big mistake. ...

View more questions Search