Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curryrice Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2004, 07:32 PM
    Symptoms of depression?
    Could somebody please tell me the overt, and hidden symptoms of depression? I feel edgy, and unmotivated, but I am not sad, like I would think would be a sign of depression. I am not edgy, and unmotivated all the time, but I think I am like this far too often lately. Thank you
    DeathBlade Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2004, 12:48 PM
    Re: symptoms of depression?
    One of the most common symptoms of depression is also sleeping a lot. If you sleep more than 9 or 10 hours a day you could be suffering from depression.
    WhenWillIBeLoved Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 13, 2005, 10:27 PM
    Symptoms of Depression
    Could somebody please tell me the overt, and hidden symptoms of depression? I feel edgy, and unmotivated, but I am not sad, like I would think would be a sign of depression. I am not edgy, and unmotivated all the time, but I think I am like this far too often lately. Thank you
    Depression is a mental illness. Symptoms are physical and mental. Do any of the following symptoms sound familiar?

You feel miserable and sad.

You feel exhausted a lot of the time with no energy .

You feel as if even the smallest tasks are sometimes impossible.

You seldom enjoy the things that you used to enjoy-you may be off sex or

food or may 'comfort eat' to excess.

You feel very anxious sometimes.

You don't want to see people or are scared to be left alone. Social activity may feel hard or impossible.

You find it difficult to think clearly.

You feel like a failure and/or feel guilty a lot of the time.

You feel a burden to others.

You sometimes feel that life isn't worth living.

You can see no future. There is a loss of hope. You feel all you've ever done is make mistakes and that's all that you ever will do.
    You feel irritable or angry more than usual.

You feel you have no confidence.

You spend a lot of time thinking about what has gone wrong, what will go wrong or what is wrong about yourself as a person. You may also feel guilty sometimes about being critical of others (or even thinking critically about them).

You feel that life is unfair.

You have difficulty sleeping or wake up very early in the morning and can't sleep again. You seem to dream all night long and sometimes have disturbing dreams.

You feel that life has/is 'passing you by.'

You may have physical aches and pains which appear to have no physical cause, such as back pain or headaches.

Make an appointment with your doctor immediately. Address this issue now. Don't wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symptoms of Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

My periods are never constant. Last month I started on day 27. The month prior to that, I started on day 35. The month before, day 40. Prior, day 32, and 28. Now, I'm on day 39 and I still have not started. Although this morning, I thought I had, because when I went to the bathroom, there was a...

Are these symptoms? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey all I'm 19 and have convinced myself I'm pregnant. I did have un protected sex on 20th of march (we were not trying for a baby). And since then I've been freaking out. In the last 2 days though I have calmed down and now want the baby, I think if I get a negative result I would acctually be...

What were your labor symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

Well all I don't know if this means anything but hey I figured I would ask it here before my dr appt today. What kind of symptoms did you experience, or have heard of experienced, before labor? The reason I ask is due to some sever symptoms that I am having. I just wanted to know if anyone else...

Oil symptoms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There Guys My Mazda Rustler 1400 is running sluggish ,when I pull away in first gear she Stuttors before she moves can be time to replace clutch and pressure plate. Other concern is the exhaust is black and a black spot around the outside of the exhaust tailpiece. What is causing that? ...

Odd Period and Symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

I have always had regular 29 day periods with 4 days bleeding and one day spotting. This month it was quite different. I had 4 days light spotting with 2 days medium blood flow then 4 more days light spotting. This is the first irregular period I can remember. Could this be a sign of pregnancy...

View more questions Search