Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bond_a_007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Teaching job with non-person DUI felony?
    Can I get an elementary or high school teaching position with a non person felony DUI in Kansas (3rd)? I researched the K.S.A. statutes and could only find that "person" felonies prevents getting or renewing a license in Kansas, but I'm still not sure.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 09:48 AM

I'd check with the specific school district you are looking at. Their website should list what circumstances will prohibit being hired as a teacher. If not enough information, call the district directly and ask to speak to personel.
    virginiawife Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2009, 10:06 AM
    It was my understanding that any felony, no matter what, is a disqualifier. Schools cannot terminate you for a DUI, but it can prevent them from hiring you. Check with your state board of education.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a person with a felony get bonded? [ 3 Answers ]

My Friend is wanting to open a cleaning business. Commercial and residential cleaning. I am guessing that to land some of these gigs, she must be bonded. She has a couplke of felonys on her record. Can she get bonded?

Can a person become a CPA if they have a felony conviction on their record? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to become a CPA if you have a drug related felony in the state of Virginia that was in 1995?

Teaching & felony conviction [ 3 Answers ]

I have read the previous posts about this, but I received mine over 11 years ago. It was felony shoplifting. I was blamed for letting merchandise go out the door at my job. I had a public defender. I paid $4000 in restitution (sp.). I was put on probation and I paid all of my fines. That was the...

Felony and teaching [ 4 Answers ]

When I 21, I got in attempted trespassing charge, which is a felony will I still be able to become a teacher.

View more questions Search