Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankitagrawal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Tax Saving through Inherited property
    I am having one property(on loan) registered(2 year old)(loan 30lac) in my name and my mother's name
    My father is having one property(repayment is almost completed on his loan) registered(9 years old) (value 20lac) in his name.

I just want to know the possible ways to sell out the property, which is in father's name and to use this amount in my loan.

1) Without any tax
    2) With Min. amount tax.

Ankit
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 08:40 AM

This forum is about the U.S. taxes. For India taxes, you may post at mytaxes - Index

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inherited property [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's family gave him a piece of land as inherited property while we were married. If we build a house on the land and later down the road get a divorce, am I intitled to 50% of the property and house?

I inherted a house after my mother passed away, theire was mortgage on the property and my cousin lived in the house and paid only the payment, is this considered a rental,the house has been sold recemtly , I am not sure how to list it on my taxes

Tax on inherited property [ 4 Answers ]

My mother died in 1980 without a will. The house was split 4 ways and my father was one of the 4. in 1990, he signed his share over to the three kids and has lived there rent free For the past 17 years. Now he is moving and we need to sell the house. He showed me An appraisal done at my...

Property taxes on inherited property [ 1 Answers ]

When daughter inherits home from parent and moves into the home, is there an adjustment to the property tax base in California? Currently taxes are extremely low but house has increased in value since purchase 40 years ago. House is held by trust.

Sir, we are three brothers, my father has inherited the property frm my grandpa.My father has not done the registry of the land .Now I want to know that when we three brothers will inherit the property from him,will it be necessary get the registration done of the land which will be given to me,...

View more questions Search