Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GAMEL Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 12:07 AM
    Child daycare
    I want to become a daycare provider. I absolutely adore children, love working with then and have been my whole life I'm currently babysitting 3 boys, but want to start of my own house and watch more then just 3 kids. I have yet to take the course and was wondering if anybody knows if you need to have your high school to take it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 05:16 AM

Depends on the state, some require even more than a high school depending on the number of kids.

There is als lots of rules on space, equipment and more.

You need to talk to the department in your state that does this licensing,
    I would start with the Health Department, if they don't, they will know who does
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 02:26 PM

I don't mean to editorialize but I know that personally I would not leave my kids with a daycare provider that doesn't have a high school diploma or equiv. Our last daycare provider had her masters in early childhood education. Daycare *should* be about more than just someone keeping your kids alive.

Jan 29, 2009, 12:10 PM

So I'm pretty offended by that. I wasn't really asking if you'd leave your children with me.. I have two ing courses left and I wanted to know if I needed to finish my high school or if I can just go right into the program.
    AND frankly that's great you wouldn't leave your kids with me. I'm not trying to get clients over the internet. AND me not having a high school diploma would have nothing to do with how I treat children it would have NOTHING to do with anything regrading them.. the only thing it would do is give parents like YOU a reason to give me a dirty look or shune me. I already have my own clientel. THANKS.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 12:17 PM

Fine. I am sorry that you are offended. I was offering my opinion and I get that you don't like it.

Like Chuck said... it depends on where you are what the requirements are. Call them and ask.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 12:27 PM

I have two ing courses left
    Personally the fact that you wrote a curse word (which of course was edited out) bothers me more than the lack of a high school diploma. If you talk to adults like that who's to know what comes out of your mouth when there are only children around.

As for wanting to be a daycare provider, like everyone else said, it depends on where you live.

I'm in Canada, here you have to have your "Early Childhood development" diploma which can take up to three years, you also need your first aid certificate and you can only have so many children of a certain age per adult.

It's not as easy as people think.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Better get sex off your mind first: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...nd-305571.html
    Pets Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 12:40 PM

Wow, good catch NK.

Gamel, how old are you?

Jan 30, 2009, 01:20 PM

How does that have anything to do with babysitting. It's not like I would be upstairs having sex with my b.f while there's kids downstairs napping or something...
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEL View Post
    how does that have anything to do with babysitting. it's not like i would be upstairs having sex with my b.f while theres kids downstairs napping or something...
    How does anyone know that?

It seems to me that you aren't mature enough to take care of people's children.
    Pets Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 02:21 PM

It shows your maturity level, that's what it shows. Also, the potty mouth on top of that, well, it's not good if you want to take care of kids for a living.

Parents are picky, when they hire someone to care for their kids they want the best that money can buy. That means someone mature, stable, nurturing... from what I've heard you don't fit that mold.

Just loving kids isn't enough to take care of them for a living. You do have to show that you're an adult, with adult behaviour condusive to caring for children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TN Daycare [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Tennessee and I am thinking of opening a daycare in my home. I need a checklists and ideas. Can anyone help?

I put wrong ID Number for my child's daycare for the child tax credit how do I fix? [ 3 Answers ]

I submitted my tax return but after looking it over I realized I put the wrong ID number on the ID number for my son's daycare. How can I fix this? And my husbands employer just gave him an unexpected 1099 I will also need to file this too.

Child daycare expense. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a child (age 3) and sent daycare for 3 months. Can I claim child daycare expenses during the tax filing even if my wife is not student and doesn't work? If yes let me know the process.

Daycare [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know crucial steps I must take to open a privately owned daycare.

Daycare? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like any information pertaining to starting a daycare business. Any relevant grants or government agencies that are available for funding. Any particular qualifications that are associated for the owner and it's employees. Even any known loopholes.

View more questions Search