Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnaorjoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Nordyne Furnace not working

Nordyne Furnace Model # L1RA 045N-08A. Blower runs constantly, whether the thermostat is on; no flame, no ignition, no heat. Have to unplug furnace to stop the blower. Red status light just steadily blinks on and off, not in a particular cadence. HELP! What do we do? Unit is still under warranty.
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Unit is still under warranty.

By all means call the company back that did the install and have them fix it under warranty. You should not have to mess with it since you paid them to do the job.
    boroko Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 01:59 AM
    Have the same problem but my furnace is not under warranty anymore.
    hvac1000 can you help what is wrong, please ?
    Red light is blinking just one time constantly.
    No flame, blower is running all the time, even if thermostat is OFF.

Feb 8, 2009, 04:42 AM
    It is very difficult to follow a add on post to someone else's thread so start your own thread.

What really compounds the issue is NO Brand OR Exact Model number posted for your problem.

There are 5,372 different brands and model numbers for furnaces made over the years. Mt crystal ball is broken and I just cannot tell exactly what your exact brand and model number is from here until I get that dag gone crystal ball fixed. Most furnaces are different and some have different problems.

Feb 8, 2009, 06:18 AM
    Yes, you have right. I'm sorry. I should post it earlier, was to sleepy (2am in the morning stopped working).
    So the furnace is: Case is Westinghouse but inside says NORDYNE, model:
    L1RA 108C-16B
    I found under hood this red light status blinking one time constantly.
    Found also over this help website that might be a problem with flame sensor. Is it right ?
    Will try to find out this flame sensor location in next minutes.
    Right now I'm changing t-stat.
    Will keep you posted.

Feb 8, 2009, 06:22 AM

No, it is not t-stat. Once I turn on the switch which is by the furnace. Blower starts running without fire (just air).
    Will try to find this flame sensor.

Feb 8, 2009, 06:30 AM
    http://www.nordyne.com/Literature/020B.pdf

http://www.grandaireac.com/products/...PL_708311g.pdf

See page 20. For fault codes.

http://www.batchelorsupply.com/Nordy...as%20furn).pdf

What flame sensors look like examples.
    Attached Images

Feb 8, 2009, 06:42 AM

I finally found it. I'm so glad your are online.
    It is the switch or ignition switch. Rounded "thing" from which is going this rubber pipe. I have opened this and looks like inside there is very tiny rubber membrain which is broken.
    Here is the part number:
    MPL-9300-V-0.55-DEACT-N/O-VS
    DC2104 COSTA RICA 4236
    You think I can by it somewhere on the ground not over the internet. It's 32 F outside.

Feb 8, 2009, 06:54 AM

You think this might cause the problem ?

Feb 8, 2009, 06:58 AM
    YEP

632365 Is the Nordyne part number. Make sure you get the correct one since the pressures they work under are different on many units. And no there is no way around the safe operation of the furnace without this device. I just thought I would answer before you might ask.

Feb 8, 2009, 07:03 AM

Where do you think I can find it ? So it can work today (sunday). Or the only one way is online ?
    Thank you very much for your help.

Feb 8, 2009, 07:11 AM
    PS I have used a piece of cheap thin electric tape and a VERY small amount of super glue to do a temp repair before. Just a thought.

Feb 8, 2009, 08:10 AM

Bad news: I fixed the membrain with piece of tape and superglue but fire doesn't show up.
    Blower runs but no fire. Have cleaned flame sensor as well. You think by fixing this membrain is not enough ? Needs to be new ?

Feb 8, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Well you are going to have to replace the part anyway since the fix is jut temporary. Just it out of the circuit for a test.

Feb 8, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Well, I called for local technician. We will se how much he is going to to charge me for Sunday emegrency. Hope he has one in his truck.
    So this is the only one problem why my burner doesn't come out ?
    Red light still blinking one time...
    I don't want to be overcharged...

Feb 8, 2009, 08:55 AM
    The pressure switch is damaged and needs to be replaced. Turn power off to furnace to reset and try with a jumper between the wires on the pressure switch. This will test the furnace and see if it will work with out the defective pressure switch installed. You cannot run the furnace for any length of time with the wires for the switch jumpered. This is for test purposes only. Monday will be less expensive for sure. Sunday rates are higher than during to week.

Feb 8, 2009, 09:07 AM

Nope. Short wired doesn't help at all. No fire after 25 seconds (I was scared to run longer - should I try for longer time and wait for fire ?)
    Even if it's shortened - still red light blinking.

Feb 8, 2009, 09:13 AM
    The limit circuit is probably open. Look for a round small disc control and see if it has a reset button in the center. If so push it in and try to run the furnace again. If this does not work then you will need service to figure it out and to replace the other part.

Feb 8, 2009, 09:47 AM

I found two small discs with reset buttons. One is above the burner another under. Both of them has reset buttons but one looks like couldn't be resetted. Button is hard to press.
    I did this procedure still nothing...

Feb 8, 2009, 10:34 AM
    The one hard to press could be defective. If you have a meter you can check it or here again jump them out of the circuit on a temporary basis only to test..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne M1MB furnace will not start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am hoping someone could help me on this site. It looks to be very friendly and helpful! I have a Nordyne M1MB gas furnace that blinks twice which means the pressure switch is stuck open with the inducer blower on. This is about all the information I can find so far. I am wondering...

Nordyne furnace not igniting [ 3 Answers ]

Can a problem with natural gas pressure cause furnace problems? I have a Nordyne that since the city had a pressure problem does not ignite- no heat! Furnace repair man says that it is the sensor. Can this be caused by low gas pressure? Troube board on the furnace flashes 4 times indicating low...

Nordyne furnace trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne furnace, and the furnace got stuck in it's cycle. The vent blower would come on and that's it, so I had the circuit board replaced. Now, the a/c works but the furnace cycle won't even start. The light on the board just blinks twice. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Nordyne e2 electric furnace with ac [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have an nordyne e23h012hn electric furnace, the control board is burnt and evaporator fan will not come on, replaced board and it burnt up to. The circuit on the board that burnt is the common line voltage to the fan, could it be the fan motor shorted causing this problem . Thanks chris ...

Nordyne heater fan not working right [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a 1991 mobile home with a heater of the same age. The furnace is a Nordyne Intertherm model MGHA 056ABFC-01 Forced air and natural gas heater. The problem is with the fan I turn the thermostat up to turn the furnace on. Once the burner heats up the fan turns on, The fan...

View more questions Search