Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psykoanalyst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2003, 03:35 AM
    About an extra ordinary person
    My brother is in jail for public crime again. He will be there for sometime. He is 33 now and has been in severe drugs since he was 16 years old and creating havoc since then. He is very violent. At the age of 21 he went to Michigan, USA. He was jailed there many times, was an alcoholic, used drugs there too. The report about him written by doctors and medical faculties in usa is too long. The expenses were all borne by some social service. He had alcohol induced psychosis when he was there and also attempted to suicide. He was later jailed for having knife fight with a black who had been injured seriously. My father brought him to nepal at the age of 28 and put him in rehabilitation center. We have tried everything, every rehabilitaion center. He is divorced now. He used to beat his wife severely and once threw his three year old daughter who had fainted for about half and hour. He had also beaten his father in law and hung him upside down. He attempted to murder his own father by breaking the window panes and climbing to up till the third floor of the house. He has also beaten police in the police station itself and police have also have treated him the way he deserved. He still uses drugs and can become violent any time. He asks money to anybody he knows. He seem a psychopath to me now. The story is too long and too scary for me to say everything. We have shifted from our home and tried staying away from him. But we have a common home which has to be rented and the money from the rent has to be shared. So we still have to contact him which is our bad luck.
    The thing I want to say is:- I believe that he always had psychological and emotional problem right from his early childhood.He had been given medicine for being hyper active by a doctor in USA when he was very young. I now have doubts if had mental problems or some disorders of somekind right from the child hood. I think he should be investigated and treated. If so whom should I contact? Could you please suggest me
    elrp Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2003, 03:43 PM
    about an extra ordinary person
    Go to your local doctor and they should be able to give you some contact numbers.
    MagikPoo Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2004, 08:19 PM
    about an extra ordinary person
    The disease of ANY drug use is not only a burden on the loved one, but also on the entire family.
    The only person who can make the decision to quit is user,

Are you now located in the USA?

The thing you need to do is to get educated on addiction,
    Addiction by definition is a Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance.
    Even coffie can be an abbused substance.

For you and your family to know what is happening to you, one has to know what addiction really is, In the US there is AA alcohol annonimus and trust me they are all over the world. Also NA narcotics anonimus, your local police dept is a great place for information about help and interventions and addiction, -Dont be afraid to ask Questions.-

It seems to me that your brother is not ready to quit.

You and your family have choices that you have to make that you might not like, what I have to say, but for a drunk and any addict torealize just how far he/she has come in there abuse carries, they have to sink all the way to the bottom.

That means kicking him out of your lives, having him locked up, and then takling to him as a family about his addiction and history abbuse, your familys well being and safety is far more important than some drunk.

But be careful, alcohol can maifest in odd ways, it's hireditory - I hope is spelled that right- so do the first step and get educated about all the facts on addiction first,
    Not all Doctors have every answer, go around and find the truth for yourself. I'll be here if you need more advice, that's all I can offer you for now.
    Peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extra long bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on my period now for 12 days. This has never happened before. The first 5 were heavy w/ a lot of clotting which isn't unusual and then it stopped for a day and has been bleeding again since. When I wipe now its light and watery but has some clear discharge w/ blood running through it....

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

What lasts longer, ordinary peanuts or roasted? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering, would roasted peanuts last longer than non-roasted ones?

Extra red wire for fan [ 3 Answers ]

I removed an old ceiling fan and am in the process of replacing it with a model233-798 Romanesque fan by Hampton Bay. I have a red wire coming out of the ceiling box that I don't know what to do with. I've connected the ground, white and black wires but am at a loss what to do with the red. ...

View more questions Search