Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Innerstrngth143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 08:52 PM
    From Black to brown
    A friend wants to know how to lift black from her hair to dye it brown without bleaching it-- and she can't afford a professional--any ideas?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 30, 2006, 11:29 PM
    Black hair is the most difficult to lighten. Because the hair is so dark it will end up with red tones if you use just a permanent hair color on it. Your friend will have to pre-lighten her hair with bleach, then apply her desired color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

From black to brown hair again [ 3 Answers ]

Which is more effective, Colorfix or Color Zap and which is more gentle to the hair? Thanks, Maureen :confused:

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Brown spotting [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm a newbie. My periods are fairly irregular and was due my last around 23/01/2006. On the 26/01/2006 I had brown spotting very light and no red flow at all which lasted for 9 days! I visited my GP on 7/02/2006 and he told me to get a blood test done the following day to check my hormone...

Brown Water [ 3 Answers ]

My warm water was brown and I flushed the water heater twice already - it stays clean for 3 days then it turns brown again. (It is a natural gas waterheater.) Any ideas on what I should do. Thank you

View more questions Search