Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KONIGIN Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jan 18, 2009, 12:01 PM
    What are the characteristics and boundaries of the ecosystems?
    I am trying to understand what the characteristics and boundaries are of the ecosystem, So I can compare them to the ecosystem where I live. Please help!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:47 AM

Ecosystems are large-scale units, such as a major watershed for a river system. What's important is that the ecosystem has a roughly similar climate and shares inputs (water, nutrients).

You probably know that a community is just the living organisms that live in a particular area or ecosystem. The ecosystem includes the living organisms and everything else, including energy from the sun (which varies with latitude and cloud cover), rain, lakes, rivers and streams, geography and geology, and so on.

To give an example, a single circle of marsh grass is not really an ecosystem, although teachers will sometimes speak of it that way. A little marsh near your house is more like habitat. But the Mississippi Delta is an ecosystem. Water and nutrients come from the river. It has a relatively uniform climate and topography, similar organisms throughout...

If you give me more information, I can help with the specifics of your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boundaries with your wife's Male friend [ 17 Answers ]

My wife has suddenly obtained a best friend who happens to be male. After reading through several threads about said subject it appears that I should be OK with this. I am OK with her having a male friends however I am unsure of boundaries I have seen many people bring up. I feel that some of...

What is ecosystems? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the major factor that causes bio mes to differ

Boundaries for parents [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old student who previously (due to some trials and tribulations) lived on my own. For about a year I moved on my own and rented a basement myself, paying for food, etc. I worked three jobs and was in school full- time. My partner was 10 years my senior and was my first relationship....

Collector illegally stepping over boundaries? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, this is second collections company that I have had for this credit card. When they first contacted me, they were great- really courteous and polite. However, there was one payment that was (according to my account rep) returned due to NSF. Well, soon after the check was to go through, I had...

Boundaries and Co-dependence [ 8 Answers ]

My younger sister just moved into town. Her daughter is a single mother with two small children. Her daughter just found a job that requires her to work weekends, her daughter relies on her as the primary babysitter - even if she has to ask her at the last minute or if someone changes their plans...

View more questions Search