Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 10:15 AM
    What can be released from a rental application
    If you complete a "rental application" and it asks you what your income is from your employer does the person who reviews your application have the right to call your employer and ask them how much you make?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by russharv63 View Post
    If you complete a "rental application" and it asks you what your income is from your employer does the person who reviews your application have the right to call your employer and ask them how much you make?

Not without a written release from you. Otherwise I could simply call people. I have asked people for W2's or pay stubs when their credit was "iffy" or they appeared to be good tenants but something wasn't right.

They could, of course, call just to verify that you can afford the apartment but if they get your credit report they can find out that way.

I'd be very surprised if your employer answered the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Being released on are.O.are [ 5 Answers ]

If you're a convicted felon (about 14yrs ago) what are the chances of being R.O.R? I mean he has no where else to go but home, he has no money to leave or skip state etc. they have nothing on him to even have arrested him. It's so stupid... Another question I have is when they come with a...

1040NR. Rental Expense exceeds rental income. Carry forward? [ 2 Answers ]

In filing 1040NR. Only US activity is Rental Real Estate. Total Expenses including depreciation exceeds Rental Income. How do I carry forward the amount the loss exceeds income? Mahalo.

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

Can a car rental company deny local residence of rental? [ 10 Answers ]

Yesterday we just landed in LAX after a vacation trip. I've booked online for a car with Deluxe Car Rental. When we showed up at their counter, they said they can not rent me a car since I have a local(southern California) address. Their new policy recently changed was for out of state residence...

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

View more questions Search