Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzybie44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Continue child support

My daughter will be turning 18 at the end of February and attending college this August 09. I have a legal agreement with her father which does not state when child support will stop/end. Can I continue to receive/request, with legal documents, that would extend the monthly child support right up until she leaves for college? Or does it stop once she turns 18?
    Thank you.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 10:01 AM

What state do you live in?
    suzybie44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    What state do you live in?
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that. I reside in North Carolina and the father in New Jersey. I did get some information online and it states that as long as she is in high school after age 18, support shall remain until she graduates. Is this correct? Our papers that were signed, etc. never stated that the support was null and void after age 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can my boyfriend adopt my son, and I continue to receive child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son, by my ex-fiance. About a year ago I took him to court for child support.when he was ordered to pay me, he stopped calling my son for about 6 months. Then he called me on my cell phone one day out of the blue, and said he wanted to be a part of his son's life. My son was o.k...

View more questions Search