Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seeking_Employm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Backing out of Internship?
    Hello,

I recently took an internship in Detroit. (Company A) My first choice was with a company in New York City, since I had gone to school out east. (Initially the company in New York City told me they had no openings, so I had to look else where.) 24 hours after accepting Company A's proposal, the company from New York called me back. They told me someone had backed out, and the internship was mine for the taking. I told them I'd have an answer for them by Monday morning.

Since I still live out east, I am accepting Company B's offer.

My question is, what is the best way to back out of an internship? I'm guessing a phone call. I feel bad doing so, but the internship in New York would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2009, 09:17 AM

I would send them a letter thanking them for the opportunity, but a company you had previously applied to you, made you an offer that is more convenient. Send it via overnight mail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding an internship [ 4 Answers ]

What are the best ways to find an interesting and paying internship? Are there specific sites that can help search for one? What are internship search dos and don'ts?

Tax Deductions while on a internship [ 1 Answers ]

My son is a college student and his major requires him to take a internship with a company in his field of study in which he gets credits for. (He pays for the credits also). He was on a 7 month internship 100 miles away from both his home town and school. He was paid like a regular employee with...

Internship Deductions [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fairly complex tax situation. I am a US national, and I worked for a construction company in Seattle from January to August of 2006. I then relocated to Washington DC for a three month internship with a national magazine for which I received no compensation. At the end of December, I...

Look for a j1 internship... [ 0 Answers ]

How can I find an internship/ training / entry level position in usa? A j1 sponsor? Does exist any web site? :confused:

View more questions Search