Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora Tingle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 07:53 AM
    "Just best friends" (With benefits?) How does he actually feel?
    Hello,
    I think I'm in love with my best friend.
    I've known him for quite a while now, our relationship remained purely platonic until about a few months ago. Everyone's always commenting about how good a couple we'd be or asking us if we're going out and such.

Whenever we're drunk lately, we've made out. He was my midnight kiss on new years eve. In my drunken haze I asked him what was happening between us and he said "oh, just casual ey" or something along those lines. He said he didn't want to be tied down on our last year of high school.

However we've been hanging out nearly every day in the past two weeks and it's hard not to get attached when you spend every other day on the phone with him, having 3 hour long conversations.

The last time we hung out he started holding hands with me. I was surprised because he never initiates any physical contact usually. He's also quite shy/laid back and I'm by far his best girl friend, he doesn't have many. I don't know, he gives out the biggest mixed signals ever. I have a feeling he doesn't really know what he wants either.

But we definitely have a "thing", if anything. What does everyone think? What do you think he feels for me?

It's driving me insane.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2009, 11:05 AM

This is easier said than done, I know, but just be patient and see where things go. This is a tricky situation for you. It does sound like you guys have something going on, but if you push for a commitment too soon you could push him away. You're right, it doesn't sound like he knows what he wants. So give him some time to figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I tell her how I feel? The crazy "exes ex is suicidal" thing is ending. [ 2 Answers ]

So, Some of you may know my story from my previous post here :"My exes ex is suicidal." Here is my last question her: Okay, So my ex girlfriends ex boyfriend is suicidal. We will call the girlfriend 'Mary' and her ex boyfriend 'John,' and myslef 'Joe.' Mary went out with John for 4 months....

Mistress "arrangement" benefits [ 37 Answers ]

I am getting ready to possibly enter into a mistress/married man "arrangement" He is going to be my Sugar daddy. However we both want the intimate and friendship aspects of the arrangement. I was wondering if anyone out there has been in such a situation and what the usual benefits (monetarily)...

My son just diagnosed with "diabetes 1".feel very upset [ 12 Answers ]

My 15 yr.old healthy son, was suddenly diagnosed with Diabetes 1. I have spent the past 11 days in the hospital with him, and I am feeling very overwhelmed, very shocked, sad, anxious and upset. This happened very suddenly. He was losing weight very fast, every day I noticed that he was looking...

Dale Carnegie's "Winning friends & influencing people" [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anybody out there who rates this seminal work as much as I do? I'm a company director and I'm always looking for inspiration. I was a bit doubtful about it because of its age but I now have the audio book in my car and listen to it often on the way to work to set me up for the day. I'd...

View more questions Search