Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Jan 18, 2009, 03:06 AM
    Your take on the results of my phone interview
    I had a phone interview for a job on Friday. I am not quite sure how it went, but I am hoping for the best. The interviewer did say at the very beginning of the call that they received a lot of responses, so there is definitely competition!!

Nearing the end of the call, the interviewer mentioned that the next steps in the interview process would be to invite people to come in for an actual physical introduction to their office. He did not specifically invite me at this time, but he said that they would be contacting people next week for this to happen. At the end of the call, he asked me if I had any questions. I mentioned that he had already answered one of the questions that I had, which was what were the next steps in the process, but that I wanted to know if this would be taking place next week. At that time he said that he would definitely be in contact with me next week to let me know. I did ask him another question, but I wanted to know if the response that he gave me on the next steps questions was positive, or if you think that he was just being polite and giving me the brush off.

So, what do you think?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 03:14 AM
    Was this job for a call centre by chance?

If so, they start with an online application, followed by a phone interview, followed by a group introduction. With the job I had, those that got that far were usually scheduled for training.

Just curious as it sounded so much like what I went through.

Jan 18, 2009, 03:20 AM

No, the job is for an advertising agency AE position. I am currently an AE at another agency where I feel that I am not learning as much as I can and where I won't be able to grow very much beyond the AE position.

I am hoping for the best, as I REALLY want to be an asset for a company where I can grow and learn.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 03:33 AM
    Ok, that puts a different slant on it. I would say that it was a standard phone interview to get a general impression of your attitude, intelligence, availability and willingness to work.

I'd say you scored very well on all of the above if your comments indicate your sincerity!

It's awful waiting for that phone call. Too bad that there wasn't a bit more time, or I'd have suggested sending a follow-up letter to thank him for the call, and that you are looking forward to being selected for an interview.

Best of luck mom of 2!

Jan 18, 2009, 10:15 AM

Yes, I was going to send a thank you note to him. I have it written and it is going out in the mail first thing tomorrow morning. I should have put it in the mail on Saturday. I think that they have another slot for a phone interview on Tuesday, as they gave me that option last week when they called. At any rate, the agency is in the same small town that I live in, so I would think that if I put the note in the mail this afternoon (Sunday) it should get there by Monday afternoon delivery, or else first thing on Tuesday morning.
    aloksen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 12:16 PM

Hi, I think the results could be positve, at least you have scored well not to be eliminated but the finalising will happen only after the next round of teleinterviews

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Phone Interview [ 1 Answers ]

How would you sell a product over the phone (that you know of but don't have in your possession?) Like a bottle of shapoo: Would you like to sample our unique cutting edge hair cleanser? Then go on to say something that makes our product unique and maybe even explain that even tough our product...

View more questions Search