Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tara111 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Daily hair straightening
    Do the usage of hair straitener afffect on hair..? I feel that my hair is becoming white due to use of it. I'm just 21.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 18, 2009, 06:50 AM
    What type of hair straightener? Are you talking about hot irons or straightening solutions (basically perm solutions)? Yes, perm/straightening solutions will leach color from the hair, but this is not permanent. When the hair grows out, the color will still be there.
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jan 20, 2009, 10:00 AM

Is your hair already blonde? Heat will cause you to loose color more quickly, try to limit the use of your flat iron to 2 or 3 times a week, and turn the temperature down.
    Staserbeam Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Feb 6, 2009, 02:01 PM

Absolutley. After I started using a flat iron on my hair, it started to get brittle and platinum blonde.
    The damage was so extensive (not just from the straightening, but from the constant highlights) that I had to chop my hair off and dye it brown.
    I hate it, but it was my only option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair straightening tips? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody have any good tips for keeping flat-ironed hair straighter / shinier / not frizzy??

Hair straightening assist [ 14 Answers ]

I am looking for a hair product that will straighten my hair.. I cannot afford to have it personally done and I would like to get some controal to my horrid hair.. I have extremely wavy, frizzy hair that at the same time is fragile and breaks easy... I was wondering what products some of you have...

Straightening hair for a man. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a guy who has extremely frizzy/curly hair that if I ever grew it out it would be like an afro (no I don't want an afro). I looked online and a lot of websites said I should use a straightener. But it would feel really weird if I straightened my hair and I don't even know how to turn the blasted...

How do I section layered hair for straightening ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there.. I just can't get my coarse wavy hair straight with my straightening tongs/irons... could anyone tell me how to section it the right way ? Its shoulder length and layered quite short- ish on top.. ive used all sorts of de- frizzers but they don't seem to work.. I even got one of those...

View more questions Search