Kitchen Faucet
    I Have A Loud Screeching Sound In My Kitchen Faucet
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 30, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BARBSTOUDT
    I Have A Loud Screeching Sound In My Kitchen Faucet
    Hey Barbs,
    My first response would be. "Let that poor little animal that's trapped inside your faucet out!!"
    However, in order to address your problem I need more details. One handle or two knobs? Brand name? Hot or cold side? Both? Start up all of a sudden or come on gradually? Any work done on the pipes in your house reciently? Get back to me. Regards, Tom
    BARBSTOUDT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 09:06 AM
    My Oakbrook Kitchen Faucet Has A Loud Screeching Sound When You Turn It On. Hot And Cold Water. Do You Know What I Have To Do To Fix This. The Faucet Is Pretty New, Maybe A Year Old.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 30, 2006, 09:21 AM
    You haven't given me much to go on. A model number would be nice. Is this what you have? (see image). As I see it the water will have to be turned off under the cabinet and the faucet opened up. Please confirm that this is what you have. Regards, tom
    BARBSTOUDT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 09:28 AM
    No That Is Not My Faucet. Model Number Is 4008751 Dual Control Kitchen Faucet With Black Spray.
    allozier Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Washer may be loose take faucet apart and check the washer
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by allozier
    washer may be loose take faucet apart and check the washer
    Allozier,

There's a problem with your advice. Until I can pull up the specs. On her faucet we don't know if she has seats and washers or cartridges in her valve.
    I'm searcing the web as we speak.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into this house about 4 months ago, and all the faucets have great pressure except my kitchen faucet. I get no pressure there, and now very little water coming out of the faucet at all. The house is 11 years old, I have no idea what to do. Can you offer any suggestions?

Kitchen faucet BAM BAM [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta 2 handle 4 hole fixture with a sprayer. When I turn the hot or cold water handle quickly; water pulsates and makes a 'BAM BAM' sound for a few seconds. If a turn the handle slowly, the pulsating and sound is reduced. Also, the spray handle has very low water pressure. This...

Dripping kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Our kitchen faucet had very weak pressure. I removed aerator (sp?) and the water flowed great, but the faucet dripped. We've since put a new aerator on, but the faucet continues to drip. The faucet has two turn-knobs and the faucet itself. Similar to this, only cleaner ...

Kitchen faucet handle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get off my kitchen faucet handle (single faucet) but the hex nut that unlocks it will not turn. Any suggestions how to unloosen the hex nut? I tried vinegar and oil with no success. It is a Kohler single faucet kitchen sink. Thanks, gatnus

Kitchen Sink faucet - odd nut [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new at this so figure I'll just jump right in and be ignorant... We have a kitchen sink faucet (American Standard I think) that seems to have a retaining nut under it that defies logic. I've replaced the faucet, drain, etc in the bathrooms and it was nothing like this. This kitchen...

View more questions Search