Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RECajuste12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 08:38 PM
    My bowl tank won't refill
    Hi, I'm having a problem with my bathroom tank. The water suddenly stop flowing to it after I flush. Can someone point me to where I can start looking to see what the problem is?
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 17, 2009, 08:55 PM

Start with the simple. Check the flap and see if it is able to move freely. Then check the float, and make sure it is not bent down, so that it will cut off sooner than it should. Both of those fixes are real cheap and easy to do.
    I just thought of another thing. You haven't put one of those toilet fresheners things in there? I had one once that was clear plastic cup holding the freshener. When the freshener started to wear down, it of course got lighter and tried to go down the drain, causing the tank to not fill up, and the toilet to run. And to think I almost called a plumber until I reached in and touched the clear cup in the hole!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Tank Refill [ 3 Answers ]

The toilet will flush but the tank does not fill with water afterwards.

Toilet Tank Refill [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My tolilet tank (cistern) takes a long time to refill, over 5 minutes, the water release to refill the tank is very slow. Any suggestions/resolutions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The toilets won't refill with water but sinks work [ 3 Answers ]

I have well which feeds my house. The sinks, washers, and the showers all have running water, however the toilets won't refill. I checked the shut off value. They are on. I removed the top and everything else is working. There is just no water refilling the tanks. What is strange is that this...

Toilet bowl does not refill after flush [ 1 Answers ]

The toilet flushes OK, but the water level is real low in the bowl after the flush. What is the problem?

View more questions Search