Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mailmanshears Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Why does my 04 F150 run sluggish at full throttle
    When I step down on the gas you can feel the transmission shifting through the gears, but the power in the engine is not there. The power does not jump out there it gradually builds, and when I take off from a dead stop the engine will shake a little like it is missing and the wrench like comes on. The check engine light is on and I have been told that it is the throttle body. I took the air cleaner out and took the air induction off the top of the throttle body and when I would give it the gas it would run rough and as soon as I would let off the gas it would quit. As soon as I put the air induction and the air filter back in it would run OK, but as soon as I would get it back out on the road and get on it, it would gradually get up to speed. Went to advance auto to have a computer put on it and he said that my hook up wasn't working so I am trying to figure that out also
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 08:14 PM

. Replace platinum spark plugs, if they have more than 40,000 miles on them, with new Motorcraft plugs. Ensure they are the exact plug that came with the truck--set gap to specs. Stay away from cross-reference plugs. The link below may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post617111

. Replace fuel filter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1389619

. Replace air filter (Do not use oil-impregnated air filter elements).

. Clean MAF Sensor:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1377134

F-150s are tough, durable trucks. They will easily go 300,000 miles with good preventive maintenance.
    Majoria Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 05:12 PM
    It's a known issue, common codes are P2106 and P2135, sometimes P2105 or something else. Ford has a TSB (technical service bulletin) for the P2106 and P2135 codes which involve the wrench light and check engine light. It may temporarily resolve itself by cycling the key but no promises there. I'd call a Ford dealer if I were you, they should be familiar with the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kohler bogs, detonates, dies at full throttle [ 5 Answers ]

Back in Aug. 2007 P51D had a problem with a 16 HP Kohler. His description of the symptoms is so perfect, I'm just going to paste it: I have a 2003 John Deere LT 160 with a single cylinder 16HP Kohler. It was mowing fine on Saturday. On Sunday, when I started it, it backfired several times,...

B&S 16.5HP OHV motor runs ruff at full throttle/under a load. [ 4 Answers ]

B&S - 16.5HP OHV motor Model: 31C707 Type: 0154E1 Code: 040408ZD Question, my 16.5HP motor runs fine when idling and at half throttle but, when I put it in full throttle and let the deck down it runs really ruff (under a load). So much so that I have to actually stop and let the mower gain...

B&S runs at full throttle only ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sears craftman 14.5 hp M# 287707 Type- 1259-e1 code 010103zd... It set up since may of 2007 , I charged the battier and put a little gas in the carb. It started but it will run full throttle only, The throttle is on low , but it still runs at full throttle. I took the carb. Off and...

Weed eater dies at full throttle [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys My weed eater (2 stroke 50:1) starts up fine and runs OK until I put my finger on the trigger to bring it up to running speed to cut the grass. At this point it dies instantly. I'm 100% on the fuel/oil ratio and have checked the air filter which is clear. I'm looking for ideas on how to...

Black smoke at Full Throttle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Garden Tractor w/ a Kohler 25 hp engine. Recently,we had the fuel solenoid replaced (this problem was correctly diagnosed by NEWAUKUDOM! Thanks!) and since we have it gotten back, the engine burns black smoke (rightside seated), especially under load. Checked the plugs, heavy oil...

View more questions Search