Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    regular_guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2004, 07:46 PM
    I need to know
    I am 24 years old male, alcohol, weed, is a regular thing for me I don't knoe how to explain myself properly , I have this huge explanation about life but I wann make it short, I am a normal guy, I am not pernoid and I don't have any personalty disorder. But maybe little shy , sensitive, quite kind of guy, for few months I started hanging out with this really pernoid guy, who lives alone by himeself and somkes lot of weed in his apartment and after few months I stopped going to his house and started hanging out with other friends, now the problem is they think that I being peronoid, but they didn't say it openly to me but their actions and attitude has changed. I tried too hard to find out by myself, but afrid to ask them, I have only one good friend who told me that I am being peronoide, and after few days I heard my friend talking to others and explining others about my problem. Then there is whole group act the whole attitude changed and I don't really knoe how to handle it or to get out of this sittuation and carry on with my life. I felt stuck, is it because of weed or is it something wrong, I don't knoe, I need to find out if I am really got into something. Please help.
    Scorpio848 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2004, 01:52 PM
    Re: I need to know
    I am 30 years old and weed makes me paranoid. I get weird and think that the police or my mother is goig to show up. I have never been able to handle weed. The trick is, TO QUIT. Drugs never helped anyone. Once you are clean, then you will find out if you have problems. Do yourself the biggest favor and quit with the dope. I really do think that people on drugs, deserve all their problems. Because, I quit, so can you. It isn't brain surgery. Life is so much better when you have a clear head.
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Aug 10, 2004, 09:05 PM
    HI Just say No to drugs and u will be OK ;D
    artistall Posts: 88, Reputation: 5

Aug 28, 2004, 05:28 PM
    Paranoia is the least of your problems! What you have to understand is that marijuana when smoked on a regualr basis becomes stored within the body and therefore even if and when you decide to discontinue it's use it's effects will still be active.  In fact there will be a withdrawal phase in which you will experience emotional and physical symptoms.  When you have cleared your mind of the drug you will feel like you have been asleep for months at a time and start to become more active in life.  I know without asking that you are not pursuing any academic criteria and this will greatly affect your future.  LIfe is passing you by while you stay high!  It will be easier for you to quit the habit if you become involved in some other activities.  When people offer you drugs just be confident and say "I'm not into it anymore, I Quit!!"  Talk to a professional counselor for advice on what you can do with your new found time.  Find some new friends! You have not been Properly focused and you need to channel your energies in the right direction. Take on some new educational studies! Don't get Paranoid! There is another life out there for you!  Your future is in your hands! Wake Up Dude!  
    coolkat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2005, 01:44 PM
    Been there
    Hey regular guy. I've been in a similar situation myself. The best thing to do is to forget about the losers. It sounds like you are already trying to get away from what appears to be a stagnant situation. Cut back on the weed a bit but don't feel bad about it. Just cut it enough to clear your mind and build up some motivation to move on to something better than the situation you are currently in. ask yourself what you want to do with your life. Ask yourself what you've always wanted to do and then take the first step toward doing it even if it means moving away from where you are. Weed is always around and there are plenty of people who function at high levels and maintain active social lives but still smoke a little now and then. The key to solving your problem lies in doing what it takes to detatch yourself from the paranoid people who are bringing you down. You are on the right track. By asking this question, it shows that you are looking for something better. Now go and get it one step at a time. :cool:
    marinda Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2005, 11:39 PM
    The question is Do You Want To Quit Smoking?
    If the answer is yes then take the "drug free" peoples advise.
    I have been a pot smoker for many years and I have come to learn that staying stoned all the time will start bringing you down and will also waste your day away. But if you are a true pot smoker and enjoy the buzz.
    Then you take control and give yourself a certain time and place to relax and
    Enjoy your buzz. But 24/7 is a no no.
    coolkat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2005, 12:06 PM
    Try quitting!
    I've finally quit weed. It was difficult but after 4 months clean, I feel much better about everything. It comes down to a choice and you should only do it if YOU want to - not because of a bunch of preachers. I have become significantly more productive with my art, writing, and creativity in general. The only problem was that I got myself hooked on caffeine right away so now I'm working on that. Not hanging out with losers is the key.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 25, 2005, 02:01 PM
    It is okay
    Ex-pot head and drinker here, I stopped getting high when I decided I wanted to have children and stopped drinking when I realized I was living with my husband of 17 years that was an alcoholic. Paranoia comes with getting high and drinking that’s bad too. I hate to say this but move on find new friends, the best place to start in is a Narcotics Anonymous meeting they are the best friend you will ever make and they know right were you are coming from and if you listen they can tell you where you are headed too. I thought at first that people that went there were all @$$holes, but let me tell you, A.A. saved my husband and my marriage. I go to AA with him every chance I get. NA meeting as many as I have time for, my husband and my daughter both have addictive personalities so the NA meeting help me not to lose my mind. i listed the links below if you want then. they are there when you need them. this is the best i can offer you. Good luck

Narcotics Anonymous
    http://portaltools.na.org/portaltools/MeetingLoc/

NAR-ANON
    http://www.naranon.com/

Alcoholics Anonymous
    http://www.aa.org/
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 25, 2005, 02:18 PM
    If you don't listen to everyone else maybe you will listen to people who had to suffer because of someone's drug use. I was nearly killed several times as a child because my mother and her friends were all into weed and coke. My mom filled a bathtub with scalding hot water and let it fill up and my dad had to save us from drowning. Once my mom and her boyfriend kidnapped us and did all kinds of things to us like force us to take a bunch of pills, starve us, my brother would scream and I couldn't help him. So if you want to take your drugs then go right ahead just realize others hurt because of it and it doesn't make people very attractive either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search