Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Birgit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Dripping Fridge
    I have a GE refrigerator with freezer on top, bought in 1998. There is water dripping from the top of the fridge. From reading other messages, I understand that there is probably something clogged/frozen. Is there anything I can do without taking everything out of my refrigerator and/or freezer? Or asked differently, will I cause any further damage to my appliance, if I don't do anything until early winter? The temperatures are close to 100, and both fridge and freezer are full, so it will be a rather involved.
    Thank you so much.
    yokeman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2006, 09:02 AM
    It would be helpful if you could determine the exact location of the source of the water. I suspect it is ordinary condensation due to the high ambient temp. Wait and see if it stops when the weather gets cooler. I don't see how it can cause any damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge - Drain Pan [ 32 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to clean a non-removable drain pan at the back of the fridge. It is very hard to get at and I think that may be where my problem is. Thanks :)

Kenmoore fridge dripping water inside [ 6 Answers ]

I have a kenmoore fridge that is dripping water from the top side of the fridge compartment (traditional freezer on top style). It appears to be coming from an assembly containing a plastic (condensate?) hose that runs down the middle of the "ceiling" of the fridge compartment and drips near the...

Fridge on too long [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a used house that came with a Maytag fridge. The fridge seems to stay on far too long. I have turned the setting dial to mid-way (5 of 10), but it still stays on far too long compared to other fridges I've had. What could be the reason? What can I do to fix? Thanks!

Kenmore elite fridge [ 1 Answers ]

We had a power outage at our neighborhood. Now the freezer/fridge is warm, but lights are on. Is there something I can do to fix it?:eek:

Fridge Thermostat problem? [ 3 Answers ]

I found that my icebox (not auto defrost) was losing frost (not a huge amount was in there, but enough so I noticed it had receded) and it didn't seem like the fridge thermostat was turning on regularly. I turned up the thermostat knob and that seemed to get it started again for about two weeks,...

View more questions Search