Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SukhBamrah Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:33 AM
    How to regain my vision

My eyesight is 1.5 right hand side and .5 of left, (-ve) and I read somewhere that one can retain or regain or restore the proper normal eyesight, and want to know if it is possible, as I can do anything for this purpose, moreover, I had been having pretty well eyesight, but when one of my students whose dad owns an optical shop happened to take me to shop and chekced my I-site and detected the number and now even as on his and experts' advice I got specs, now I feel having blurred eyesight when I do not use the glasses...

How to get the normal eyesight back, do not break my heart by saying NO plainly as I read in a book titled 'HOW TO GET FULL NORMAL EYESIGHT BACK' that it is feasible
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 11:46 AM

Firstly, please do not piggyback on someone else's question. I have moved it to its own post.

Vision Therapy. A lot of doctors do it. A lot don't. Some don't believe that it works. I've seen proof that it does. It takes dedication, time, and money. Your eyesight isn't too bad though. You are blurry after wearing your glasses because your eyes are used to being able to see properly, and when you take those glasses off your eyes have to adjust back to struggling (squinting) to see things again.
    SukhBamrah Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 11:19 PM

Can u kindly suggest some ways and means to regain my original sight, like taking enough of water, juice or other such things...

Vision Expert

Jan 18, 2009, 02:22 PM

I have answered your question. Vision Therapy. Fruits and vegetables are good for you, but they will not reverse myopia. How old are you?
    Charly84ec Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2009, 03:01 AM

Well, I had -3.00 diopters in both eyes and now I have -0.50 in both eyes. I have been doing plus lens therapy and eye massages for about four months. I don't wear glasses anymore and I'm sure in a little more time I will restore my vision completely. You only have -1.5 and -0.5. That's almost nothing! All I saw before I started, was blurry shapes and colors. I'm sure you can restore your sight quickly. I posted an how-to on earthclinic which I'll copy-paste here. If you need more instructions, I'll be glad to help you.

Here's what you have to do:
    * Wear your glasses/contacts as little as possible.
    * Go out to the store and buy a few pairs of reading glasses (yes READING glasses) in different diopters going from the strongest to the weakest. Reading glasses are cheap, so you won't have to spent much. :)
    * Buy adhesive eye patches or make/buy a cloth one, you know, the kind pirates use, so you can probably find this in a toy store. I couldn't find any, so I just made one. This you can use to train your eyes separately, it's very useful and especially if you have different diopters in each eye (not my case, but still it helps!).
    * Use weaker glasses/contacts. This can either be your old glasses or buy new ones online. Here you can find cheap ones.
    Zenni Optical - Complete prescription eyeglasses from $8.00

I bought over-the-counter contacts in different weaker diopters and tried out a few. Contacts are very cheap where I live (€9 for 2 pairs of monthly contacts) and I have a store next to my house which has been very practical. What I did was diminish the diopters with -0.25 every time I could see well enough with the weaker lenses. Initially I had -3.00(both eyes) so at first I bought -2.75(both eyes) With which I could see OK at first, not perfect though. I kind of had to squeeze my eyes to see perfectly. But that's the point...
    Make sure to use weaker diopters with which you can see well, just a bit blurry. I don't want you to be involved in any accidents because of this. :(

You may see blurry first, but your eyes will adapt to it. Once you can see clearly with them, you have to use weaker ones.

* This isn't really necessary, but if you're willing to spent some money and/or you're lazy (like me:)), you can buy an eye massager. It relaxes your brain and eyes and takes away the tension. You can buy the cheapest at about $18 or the fanciest one at $100. Let me tell you this: they work just as effectively! I have both, so I know. I bought them on eBay as they were way cheaper than anywhere else.

Once you have everything you can start.

I would suggest doing the massages at least once a day. You can find them in this FREE e-book:
    Order Power Vision Program

As I said I am lazy, so I just use the eye massager now. But at first I used to do the massages myself and it helped just as good I guarantee it.

Unfortunately just massaging your eyes isn't going to be as effective as when you do the plus-lens therapy, so here's how to do it.

You have to do this for at least a half an hour per day. The more you do it the better of course.

Take a book/magazine/newspaper or whatever you feel like reading. Put your reading glasses on to read. In the beginning you will feel weird and should probably start with lower diopters, say +2.00. I used between +4.00 up to +7.00 for fast(er) results.
    You will see blurry with your plus glasses and that's exactly what we want. Put the text you're reading as far away from you as you can at a distance where you can read the letters slightly blurry. Make sure you can read the letters though. They just have to be a bit blurry, but you have to be able to read them. You can do this exercise with both eyes or train your eyes separately especially if you have one eye that's weaker. Do this for at least a half hour a day.

Another exercise you can do instead of the reading is focusing on objects, while wearing your plus glasses of course. Take for example a pen (it can be anything really... ) and put it in front of you so you can see it clearly. Move the object you're using farther away so you see it a little bit blurry. Hold it there for a while and try to focus on it, try to see it the best you can.

Also try moving your eyes for a few minutes per day. This will strengthen your eye muscles. Look as far to the left as possible, then right, up, down, roll your eyes etc. The point is to move them! Best not to do it in public 'cause you might seem like a crazy person hehehehe.

Another thing I do is try to focus on a point in a room that isn't so far away, but you can't really see without glasses. To do this you don't need you're glasses or reading glasses, just your eyes.

The point I chose was the alarm clock in my bedroom. It's about 2 meters away and every night before going to sleep I practice on it. At first all I saw was a red blob from the light it has. Now I can see that there're numbers on it, but can't tell the time yet. Only if I squeeze my eyes a bit I can see what time it is. This is also great for measuring how much you've improved!

Another thing you have to do if you wear contacts is carry around a pair of reading glasses. In case you need to read something/do close work at the store, in public, at work... put them on, to annul the minus from your contacts. Try to carry around the closest plus to your minus diopters. This sounds weird, so I'll illustrate it. If you wear -2.00 contacts, wear +2.00 to read. If you wear -1.5 contacts, wear +1.5 for reading.

People wearing glasses should take their glasses off as much as they can and only put their glasses on to see things that are far, such as when they're driving or watching TV etc.

Update: Get yourself pinhole glasses for watching TV. You can find cheap ones on eBay at around €7. These are better for your eyes than using a minus lens, for the minus lens makes your eyes worse. You will have to adapt to the beehive feeling of watching TV with the pinholes, but it's worth it cause the pinholes block most of the light and our eyes can relax when you have them on.

I have only been using the pinhole glasses for a week but I have already seen improvement. Probably cause they relax my eyes more and therefore when I wear the reading glasses my eyes can restore more easily. My right eye was "stuck" at -0.75 but is now just like my left eye at -0.50. I definitely recommend you to use them instead of the minus lens whenever you can.
    Vision Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 01:01 PM

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.

Glasses/Contacts are a medical device prescribed by a doctor. Telling someone to not use something prescribed by their physician is a bad idea. Their doctor knows their medical history, you don't.

Buying "over the counter" contacts in the US is a horrible idea, because they are being sold illegally. You must have a valid prescription to purchase contacts, because, as previously stated, they are a medical device.

Everything that you have suggested that was good advice isn't something that should be suggested to just anyone. Lens therapy and pin hole glasses will not work for just anyone, and that needs to be determined by a doctor.
    Danni2222 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2009, 01:34 PM

What on earth is going on here?? First of all it depends why you have a prescription... if it's due to the muscles in your eyes being too weak or strong then there COULD be ways to "cure" your bad vision though personally I think its rubbish.. or if it's to do with the size of your eye.. either way you've been given a prescription for a reason... TO HELP YOU SEE... you will nevr be able to escape glasses forever it's a fact of life and telling someone to try this nonsense is asking for an accident not to mention the possibility of voiding your insurance is you're driving with bad vision when you've been prescribed spex... you should watch what you advise people you could get yourself in trouble esp if your not a doctor don't play with peoples health and safety...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regain Value [ 9 Answers ]

have been thinking of how relationship work and how it is the loss of value that goes once one person decides to leave another. The loss of value has been caused by negative rewarding experiences with the person who they have lost value for. No in a reconciliation that value has to be...

Is it possible to regain old voice? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I had a question about my voice changing and how to regain my old voice. I am currently 28 years old and really haven't sang for 8 years now. Until I was 21, I was really into singing and would frequently go sing at karaoke rooms and sang a LOT in my car. I never had one of those...

Trying to regain custody [ 1 Answers ]

I am the mother of a 13 year old boy. I made some mistakes in my past and agreed in 2002 to allow my parents to care for my child while I fixed my problems. I am sober, maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA in college, I am gainfully employed, and attend counseling. My parents have been promising me that...

Trying to regain custody [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Stephanie and I am 25. I have a 7 year old son and about 2 years ago I lost custody of him to his father. I had my son until he was 5. His dad never paid child support and had nothing to do with him until he was 5. I filed for a divorce from him because he left when our son was born....

View more questions Search