Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwinn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Tank Refill
    The toilet will flush but the tank does not fill with water afterwards.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mwinn View Post
    The toilet will flush but the tank does not fill with water afterwards.
    Which one of these is your ballcock? Regards, Tom
    mwinn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. It is the first one (image 400a)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mwinn View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. It is the first one (image 400a)
    OK! You have a FluidMaster Ballcock with a bad seal. Purchase a FluidMaster Seal# 242 ,(see image) Sometimes the orifice in the seal will swell shut and slow the volume of water entering your tank. This is a common problem with these ballcocks. They have a small washer with a hole,(see image) in the center that swells shut in time preventing water from entering the tank.
    To replace it you will have to shut the water off to the tank and take the tank lid off. Twist the top of the ballcock off counterclockwise, (see image in above post, ) and pull up. Pry out the seal and replace it. Reassemble, turn the water back on and give it a flush. Better now? Regards and thanks for rating my answer, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Toilet Tank Refill [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My tolilet tank (cistern) takes a long time to refill, over 5 minutes, the water release to refill the tank is very slow. Any suggestions/resolutions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Slow refill [ 3 Answers ]

I have a duel flush toilet cistern when after flushing takes a long time to refill, how do I turn up the water flow? Thanks

Toilet will not refill [ 9 Answers ]

When you flush the toilet, the tank will not refill. Do we need to replace the part that is in there?

Refill My ink cartridges [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know how to refilll the ink cartridges for my Brother MFC-240C? I have a refill kit, but its not listed in the refill directions and have no idea where to make the hole. Any assistance would be great. Thanks Nike

View more questions Search