Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reenacooch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Can a person with a misdeamenor charge become a home health aide in New York state?
    My friend has been charged with a misdeamenor charge of assault 3 in NYS. Can she still become licensed as a home health aide?

My friend was charged with a misdeamenor, assault 3, by an acquaintance who said she touched her with intent to cause bodily harm. The acquaintance never followed up by going to the police station and signing the complaint. My friend was arrested and will be going to court soon. This happened 4 months ago and this women has still not signed the complaint. How long does she have to sign before the case is dismissed? This is in New York city.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reenacooch View Post
    My friend was charged with a misdeamenor, assault 3, by an aquaintance who said she touched her with intent to cause bodily harm. the aquaintance never followed up by going to the police station and signing the complaint. My friend was arrested and will be going to court soon. This happened 4 months ago and this women has still not signed the complaint. How long does she have to sign before the case is dismissed? This is in new york city.

She may not have to sign a complaint. The Police arrested your friend and now the case is the State of NY vs your friend. The complainant is a witness.

The witness could simply submit an affidavit or show up in Court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 04:02 PM

They can decide to go ahead with the case, being charged will not stop them from doing anything, but they need to get an attorney to be sure they are not convicted of anything
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reenacooch View Post
    My friend has been charged with a misdeamenor charge of assault 3 in NYS. Can she still become licensed as a home health aide?

My friend was charged with a misdeamenor, assault 3, by an aquaintance who said she touched her with intent to cause bodily harm. the aquaintance never followed up by going to the police station and signing the complaint. My friend was arrested and will be going to court soon. This happened 4 months ago and this women has still not signed the complaint. How long does she have to sign before the case is dismissed? This is in new york city.

Please don't keep posting the same question, phrasing it in different ways.

Your friend has to pass a background check and also a pre-employment background check.

She should get an Attorney and attempt to get the charges dropped, reduced, changed to something else.

A misdemeanor charge will not keep her from being licensed. The fact that it's an assault very well might.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 04:07 PM

I have merged their two posts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a disorderly person charge prevent me from getting a job? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just received a background check and it stated that my charge type is disorderly person and the original gcharge was possess controlled dangerous substance or analog wandering. Sentence time served 42 days Fees; case transferred downgrade to w20050015442019 what ever that is. I want to know...

What will happen to a person that violated probation and have a new drug charge? [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help my fiancé goes to court on 3/31/08 and he violated probation and has a new charge for drugs what will happen to him and how many years do you think he would be facing??

How long can a probation officer hold a person in jail without a new charge [ 1 Answers ]

My brother was arrested for a probation violation his probation officer said he is not getting charged with a new charge how long can he be held in jail before they have to release him... we were told by a friend to the family 10 days was the max without a new charge being placed on him

View more questions Search