Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Celly22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 10:13 PM
    What career to take?
    I was convicted on a drug charge and am now a felon. I wanted to pursue a career in criminal justice but since my conviction I am not sure that criminal justice would be a good career to go for. I need someone who could please advice me whether I should continue with this career or look for another one? :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2009, 11:56 PM

Hi, Celly22!

It might be possible for you to pursue a career of some kind in criminal justice.

Depending on the type of job that you want, it would best to ask those who will potentially be doing the hiring as to whether what you have been convicted of would be a bar to being employed by them.

The type of conviction that you have, where you might try for a job, the length of time since the conviction, how you are now as compared to how you were when you got the conviction, etc,. All, and more, might come into play as far as schooling and employment are concerned.

What were you specifically convicted of and what kind of specific career in criminal justice is it that you want to pursue, please?

Also, if you've already done time, in whatever way, and paid your debt to society, I would advise you to think of yourself as a "former felon" rather than a "felon". It's best to be thinking positively and pro-actively here!

I wish for you only the best!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm junior at the University.and my subjects are Psychology,marketing,economics,accounting.I want to bean administrative manager.I need guidance like what major should I take? Like should I go in to Finance, Marketing or etc? Thanks.

What should I do as a career? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay. Right now with my current job I can't take regular classes at a school. So I wanted to take online school. Now, I really was looking for just something quick right now. Maybe take a course and get certified and get my foot in the door somewhere and then continue while I'm working. ...

Career at TSM [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of this company TSM. They got my resume off Moster.com. This is what I received. We have reviewed your resume on Monster and would like to consider you for the position of administrative assistant/sales support within TSM. TSM Group, with its headquarters in Geneva, is the...

Career help [ 3 Answers ]

I'm working as a support executive. I want to know how is the career growth in this field. Please reply

Help with my career [ 1 Answers ]

My date of birth is 23.08.80, I really want to be something like a model but can't decide if I should pursue medicine or glamour business. Can anyone help me decide what I should be? I can't take a shot at both, if I fail to be something I won't get any other chance,so I really need to decide.help!

View more questions Search