Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rusher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Hot water coming out of Cold water taps
    We just had our master bath remodeled. We had a new tub faucet put in, new shower head and handle, and tile.

After the plumber installed the bathtub faucet and the shower assembly we noticed that our cold water taps in our dual vanity sink and the tub now run hot water for about a minute then finally get cold. The water in the toilet tank is also very warm.

The plumber had to wait for the tile to set in order to put the single handle shower assembly on and the shower head - he has not done this yet.

After searching the internet, I went in and touched the valve where the shower handle is suppose to go == it is VERY WARM.

I think he crossed the hot and cold connections and thus we are having issues with the cold water taps everywhere in the master.

Am I right? If I am = where is the connection that he needs to fix - in the shower assembly valve that is exposed out of the tile - or behind our newly tiled shower?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 10:08 PM

The shower valve will not function properly until cartridge is installed allowing hot/cold water cross-over in the meantime. Put in the cartridge and the problem will be solved.

There is also chance that plumber crossed cold and hot water lines. Ask him to double check his installation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Water hot but not coming out of the taps [ 5 Answers ]

Good Morning, I'm trying to work out what's wrong but I'm not an expert so please explain in laymans terms if possible! Last Tuesday at 06:30am I turned off my (power) shower in order to let the conditioner soak into my hair as I always do, then when I tried to turn on again it made a loud weird...

Hot water is coming from cold water taps [ 1 Answers ]

Warm water is coming from cold taps with thermostat mixer installed in bath tub of the same bathroom

Nothing coming out of hot water taps [ 2 Answers ]

I have fitted a new sink in the kitchen, and had to drain the hot water tank as there was no shut off valve downstairs, when I'd finished and turned the water back on I've got nothing coming out of any of the hot taps in the house, I'm assuming that this is an air lock or blockage, but don't no how...

No hot water coming out of taps [ 1 Answers ]

Not very long ago my pipes started making a horrible howling noise from the hot water supply whilst running a bath, now the hot water tap only runs for about 2 minutes and then trickles and stops and has also moved to the sink and kitchen. Our cold water remains fine. Our heating system is a...

View more questions Search