i need to find my dad
    I want to find my father. =(
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Jan 16, 2009, 06:55 PM

Can you explain your situation?
    nike 1 Posts: 167, Reputation: 16
    -

Jan 16, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Can you tell us a little bit more? What is his name? When was the last time you saw hin?
    blvsoccergirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nike 1 View Post
    Can you tell us a little bit more? What is his name? When was the last time you saw hin?
    The last time I saw him was when I was 3
    And his name is travis
    -

Jan 17, 2009, 03:03 PM
    You could possibly search for him on some person finder on the internet. Maybe ask different people who know or have known him.
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2009, 03:36 PM

Are you sure he's still in the same city or state?
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jan 18, 2009, 12:54 PM

Hello blvsoccergirl. If you can provide a bit more information on your father someone will be more than willing to assist you. (ie) age, last known residence, siblings, or birth date.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    Have you looked in his room? The living room?

He might be in the garden. Can you see his car?

You got to give more information when you want to get decent answers. "I want to find my father" is not enough. I don't know a thing you mean. Other than "father".

This is a reason why children should not be permitted to access adult boards. Another decision for moderators to make.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 04:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by nike 1
    nike 1 disagrees: I have to disagree, I'm glad children have a place to go with their concerns, It's the adults who need to act as adults
    nike 1, I do believe you need to read the site polices before attempting to use the rating system. There was nothing factually wrong and/or insulting about Judy's post; she already commented on survivorboi's response to the OP.
    -

Jan 20, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    nike 1, I do believe you need to read the site polices before attempting to use the rating system. There was nothing factually wrong and/or insulting about Judy's post; she already commented on survivorboi's response to the OP.
    I know, I'm sorry, It's just that this poor child maybe has no where else to turn and I wasn't too happy with survivorboi's response to this child simply asking about her dad. It's hard not to care for everyone's hardships, and especially that of children. I can understand Judy's standpoint, just don't want the child to feel bad about posting her concern.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 04:30 PM

Yes, it was a terrible answer and he has since apologized for it; however, a child shouldn't be given the advice to go looking for a parent when they may not be aware of all the circumstances.

I didn't find out until I was an adult that my biological grandfather was physically abusive and that was why my grandmother never talked about him; could you imagine the hurt she would have felt if I had gone looking and ended up finding the man? This board is not meant for minors for that express reason.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This is a reason why children should not be permitted to access adult boards. Another decision for moderators to make.

The response was rude and totally unsympathetic. Which "child" are you protecting? The "child" who asked or the "child" who answered?

It is the policy of the board NOT to locate parents on behalf of minors due to the various problems. It's been covered on the "missing persons" thread which, in fact, is where this should be posted. When you're talking to the moderators about children on adult boards you may want to ask them about this, also.

This is a revenge reddie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why caan't I find the accelaration I tried and tried and I still couldn't find it [ 1 Answers ]

An object moving with uniform acceleration has a velocity of 14.0 cm/s in the positive x direction when its x coordinate is 3.00 cm. If its x coordinate 1.80 s later is -5.00 cm, what is its acceleration?

Why caan't I find the accelaration I tried and tried and I still couldn't find it [ 1 Answers ]

An object moving with uniform acceleration has a velocity of 14.0 cm/s in the positive x direction when its x coordinate is 3.00 cm. If its x coordinate 1.80 s later is -5.00 cm, what is its acceleration?

Plot: Orphans find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of a 1980's movie that a group of orphaned kids find a briefcase with cash and return to find a hand in it. Then, the briefcase goes missing after they report it to the police. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

View more questions Search