Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GOOFY022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:04 PM
    I just got a summons and I have 30 days to reply
    I just got a summons for a credit card debt. I don't know how to get out of this. Can you let me know what steps I should take to take care of this as soon as possible
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOFY022 View Post
    I just got a summons for a credit card debt. I don't know how to get out of this. Can you let me know what steps i should take to take care of this as soon as possible

You respond with a defense. What is your defense?

There are any number of responses you can make from denying the entire debt to denying the amount claimed but that often simply entails a lot of time and trouble on your end of things and does not change the outcome.

You can always ask the creditor to provide proof and hope they don't have any.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

Summons - reply to plaintiff attorney [ 6 Answers ]

I received a summons last week that says I need to reply to the plaintiffs attorney within 20 days. How do I respond? Is it reasonable in the response to make a settlement offer?

B1 (75 days) + L1 (135 Days) + Family = Filing Staus? [ 7 Answers ]

I came to US on L1 visa (Company Transfer) with my wife (non-working) and son (Infant) on L2 Visa on Aug, 11 2007. Located in Dallas/Tx with no state tax and getting US salary with tax witholding based on M5 status. My total stay in L1 visa is <183, but stayed on B1 Visa in Feb-May 2007 for...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search