Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyssa_d Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Sony Cyber-Shot DSC S700 - blurry pictures
    I have had my camera for a little over a year and majority of the pictures I take come out blurry. When the blurry pictures are taken, a red light flashes on the corner of the camera... I have tried looking this up in the manual but there is nothing about why this red light flashes. It sucks because most of the time I have to retake a picture like 5 times trying to get it the be clear, but it just comes out blurry. It's a real pain in the ****, especially when you are trying to capture spur of the moment shots. :(
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 16, 2009, 02:13 PM

Is it dark when trying to take the picture?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 02:17 PM

Is that the red-eye control? You can turn it off by going into the menu.

Also, are you holding down the shot button long enough for the lens to focus?
    alyssa_d Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 10:56 PM

It takes the blurry pictures when I'm out at night or when I'm at a club. When it's light out, the pictures come out fine.

I don't know why the red light flashes & I don't know what it means.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 19, 2009, 07:44 AM

That's why... when its dark, the camera cannot "focus" it uses the contrast of edges in the picture to focus. Since its dark, it cannot focus. (the red light is warning you of that)...

Try slightly pressing the trigger and holding... does it help?
    Also, hold the camera very still when snapping the image. It will sometimes prefire the flash to try to "see" to focus... then snap the shot when its ready.
    MistaLennie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alyssa_d View Post
    I have had my camera for a little over a year and majority of the pictures I take come out blurry. When the blurry pictures are taken, a red light flashes on the corner of the camera... I have tried looking this up in the manual but there is nothing about why this red light flashes. It sucks because most of the time I have to retake a picture like 5 times trying to get it the be clear, but it just comes out blurry. It's a real pain in the ****, especially when you are trying to capture spur of the moment shots. :(
    Did the camera suffer any kind of shock, like falling on a hard surface?
    sniping23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 03:36 AM
    It's a ccd image sensor defect. All you have to do is go to your nearest service center. If it is under warranty good for you.
    sniping23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 03:44 AM
    Your ccd image sensor is defective. If it is under warranty good for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slightly blurry pictures with canon xsi [ 7 Answers ]

I have a canon rebel xsi and am having some issues. I'm not sure at all what is going on but here's the deal. I've had it since may and taken some really super shots. The past month or two when I take pictures they are slightly blurry. Maybe one out of every 20 will be as crisp and clear as it...

Nikon D40 blurry pictures in dark settings [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nikon D40.. when I try to take photographs in a darker setting, the flash works, but there's a long pause before the picture is taken, and then it turns out blurry and dark. I think I just have it on the standard settings, and I can't find an answer in my guidebook. Do you know what I need...

Sony Cyber-shot camera [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with a question about my camera. If any of you have this type of camera and its happened to you before, please let me know what to do. I have a sony cybershot and tonight I went to take a picture with the flash and it everytime I hit the flash button it does like this three or four...

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T10 (Broken LCD Screen) [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much money I can get for my Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera DSC-T10 , that has a broken LCD screen? (The camera was used for 7 months, until the screen broke) Thanks.

View more questions Search