Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 29, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Washer Rough In
    Johnnie92
    New Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Installing a washer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello speedball1

Am trying to install a washer and dryer in my basement but I have an overhead sewer line
    How can make it work?

Send some pictures if you have any.

Thank you..
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 29, 2006, 06:57 AM
    Hey Johnnie,

How far is the sewer main off the floor? You will need a holding tank installed in the floor and a pump to lift the discharge up to the main. This will involve two outside vents. One for the washer and another for the holding tank. The two can not be combined and will have to exit as separate vents. This involves a major plumbing installation. Do you really wish to put yourself through the hassle of tearing up your basement for just a washer? Regards, tom
    allozier Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2006, 10:12 AM
    You could also install a laundry tub and they make a pump that screws right to the bottom of the sink I can get you more info on Monday if you want me to. This would be less costly than breaking up the floor and installing a pit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rough elbows.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi am 21 an I got very rouhg elbow and dark too... is there any remdey for this... help plzzzzz:(

Rough in question... [ 1 Answers ]

Tom, A while back I asked you about a bathroom rough in. Plans have changed again since then. This is what I currently roughed in: I have a 4" line coming in from my back yard straight to the toilet, which is set on the exterior wall, (so the 4" line only comes into the house 12 inches) ...

DWV rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

I'm starting a long delayed home construction in a rural area with no plumbing codes in force. I plan on laying out the under slab DWV lines. Below in my amatuerish plan which I'm sure has glaring red flag issues that I need to adjust. Can you offer some input ? The main waste line run is about 40...

Bathroom rough in [ 3 Answers ]

Thanks for he opportunity to get help from experts through this forum. I have a two year old house with a basement rough in that consists of a 4 inch pipe about 16 inched from the wall. There is also a smaller pipe about 4 feet away that is supposed to be used for the sink. Running up the...

Rough-in Clarification [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three-level townhouse, built ~1998, which has a rough-in half-bath on the ground level (all finished walls with lighting and exhaust fan). There are two pipes--one (1) 4" pipe in the concrete floor for the toilet; one (1) 2" pipe in the wall for the sink. (NOTE: Opposite that wall is...

View more questions Search