Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jseaborn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Adding heat to a spare room
    I recently finished a spare room to move my mother into. I added 2 vents from our forced air furnace but the room is much colder that the rest of the house. It is very close to the furnace so I think this room should be really warm. The furnace is located in the basement.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Did you calculate the size of the vents to the size of the room? If not now is the time for you to do that since the duct serving those vents might be to small.

Is a return air needed? You can blow heat into a room but unless it has some way of returning the cold air back to the furnace it will probably not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding insulation to existing 2nd story room [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hope someone can help! A second story room is MUCH colder in winter and MUCH warmer in summer - was finished out after we bought the home... have had the duct worked checked out and is OK and the attic insulation is acceptable I am thinking that...

Adding toilet in Laundry Room [ 1 Answers ]

My father-in-law wants to add a toilet in his laundry room and since I have installed sinks and faucets for him, he thought I might be able to answer his question about accomplishing this new task... but I can not... He wants to know if he can add a toilet into the laundry room and he wants to...

Adding a toilet to utility room [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a one bathroom home I want to add just a potty to the utility room , the wall in there is also the bathroom wall, Can I easly pipe into this plumbing to add a potty? Thanks

Adding a screened porch/room [ 3 Answers ]

My husband & I are considering a screened porch to be attached (that's probably the only kind) to the house where there is a 10ft.x 18ft slab. It will be on the small side then, with a height just shy of 8ft. We are differing on the approx. cost. Before I call any companies... would anyone know...

Moving Laundry room and adding bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to move my laundry room to an adjacent room and combine it with a (new)full bath. The current laundry plumbing and waste is on an outide wall and the room has a floor drain in center about 6' in. The kitchen plumbing and waste is 10' away on the same outside wall. The waste line...

View more questions Search