Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frank101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Carrier furnace, cool air instead of heat coming out
    Hi all,

Can someone please help me, my furnace has a problem I think. Cool air instead of heat is coming out from the ducts. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Carrier has made 5,319 different furnaces which one do you have. Then we need a bit more info than just that. Go to the furnace and look to see how many blinks the circuit board is showing. Then remove the blower door and see what the legend says about the number of blinks and post the results.
    Frank101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 06:33 AM
    HI,

I think I found my problem. There was some snow bloking my exaust outside. I removed it and it started again. Thank god, it is minus 30 degrees here this morning. Thanks again for the quick response. Appreciate
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Lucky you. LOL I am glad you got it running especially at minus 30.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'd like a comparason of Trane vs Carrier 2 Ton elec cool/propane heat units [ 5 Answers ]

I am getting bids to replace my AC system and would like a comparason of 2 Ton units with heat pump electric cool, propane heat. Thank you

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

GE Furnace Won't Heat OR Cool [ 2 Answers ]

Good Morning, We live in Fayetteville, NC and it's starting to get cold. General Electric Gas Pack model number BLD055E936B1 manufactured in the early eighties has decided to quit. It is a forced air model with a standing pilot. Pilot works great... but the main burners won't light. This has...

Furnace will not switch from heat to cool [ 2 Answers ]

My furnace operates fine, until I switch from heat to cool. When I switch it willnot do anythig and I have to call out a reapirman. My house was under warranty and I thought the problem was resolved, but it wasn't . What are some thins I can look at?

Cold Air is coming from my Carrier Gas Pack Unit and I need Heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas pack unit and the cooling part works properly. It's starting to get cold, so I turned on the heat, but only cold air blows out of it. I've contacted my gas company and they said there is no pilot light, so there is no way it could've gone out, and theytold me I should contact...

View more questions Search