Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbujoshi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Friendship Issue
    Dear All,

Thia is my first question that I am putting up. I have a friend who is really close to me and is like a brother to me. He is somebody who means a lot to me. He was earlier at a nearby town so we used to meet up once in a month atleaset and hang out.We used to talk almost daily on phone on a regular basis. Now he has shifted to his home town which is far away.

Of Late I have become immensely sceptical regarding the future of our relation, probably because he is now living at home. I surely understand all his priorities at home and family, bu I don't want to lose or dilute the bond that I have shared with him in the past 6 months. This is definetely creating tension for me. The number of phone calls foerm his side has also reduced in the past 1 week since he shifted.

Please advise as to what is appropriate.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 05:29 AM

I don't know what issues he is facing in his life and since he move away, communication might not be how it use to. You not going see him or be able to hang out like you used to but if your are true friends then the two of you will keep in touch with one another.

Keep this saying in mind "Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, But you know they are always there. '
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 08:48 AM

He deserves the time, and space to handle his own business and take care of what he has to, so you must accept his situation, and deal with it maturely, and not demand more than he is capable of giving.

Matter of fact, demand nothing, ask nicely. Friendship is not a crutch, so don't lean on it to be happy.

You can let him know he is missed though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a friendship goes to far [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone think that it's normal for a married man who's 35 to have a frienship with a 20 year old co worker girl for them to text page one another and call each other, also when the wife goes to the job and then she sees his wife and she gets very upset and storms out of the job and slams her...

Can a friendship come out of this? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all. Ive posted many blogs here about me and my ex.I have to say that finally am stress free?I over my ex!! And its all thanks to this site. Just to give you a heads up on what's going on my ex still calls me every other day. I wonder why? We haven't seen each other for 3 months but there's not...

Getting Over The End Of A Friendship [ 2 Answers ]

I've decided recently that one of my friendships has deteriorated to the point where it is in my best emotional interest to cut it off. I can't stop being angry at him for taking advantage of my friendship but I'm too much of a coward to tell him I never want to speak to him again. Has anyone...

Looking for friendship. [ 14 Answers ]

:confused: I live in WV and in a community, I'm sorry to say is where I can't make friends. I swear to the Lord above that the people here are back-stabbing, liars, gossipers and drunks. My husband is in jail. I've been in WV for seven years and all I've done was work. I am not working now and...

Now she only wants friendship? [ 10 Answers ]

We broke up 6 months ago, she was my first love, if I try the no contact for three weeks, she calls me, wanting to be just "friends" and talk about "friendly things"... we were together for 8 months long distance. I want her back, It literally makes me sick to think about her with new guys still....

View more questions Search