Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klad Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 02:47 AM
    Harsh Breakup
    I am peer pressured into dumping this guy I really like about 6 months to a year ago, I feel really guilty still, because I really liked this guy, and the way I broke up with him was, I really wanted to tell him, that I don't want to go out with him anymore, but because I really did want to I was putting it off, and when his brother found out, he stopped talking to me. I there something that I can do, that is not to humiliating and that will relieve my guilt, I cannot think of anything and I need a fresh opinion.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 05:45 AM

You are going feel guilty because you let other people make your decision for you instead of making them yourself. That was wrong but you should've learned from the situation. Never let other people come between you and your happiness because people will try. Don't be peer pressure into anything you don't want to do because if you do they will continue to run your life and after all it's your life not theirs.

You probably hurt this guy but I am confuse about the brother being mad at you but I can understand why. Are the two of you friends. For closure you can apologize to this guy about your actions and he could even forgive you or not.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 05:50 AM

How old are you? I will say in between 12-15...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 08:09 AM

Who besides your brother doesn't like this guy, and why?
    SBohds Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 02:16 PM

I would just contact him and explain. I am sure he is wondering. I don't understand the brother's role in this, but if it does't come from you it doesn't really matter. Anyway, he is probably the one who is humiliated.
    Klad Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SBohds View Post
    I would just contact him and explain. I am sure he is wondering. I don't understand the brother's role in this, but if it does't come from you it doesn't really matter. Anyway, he is probably the one who is humiliated.
    Sorry I explained poorly, his brother found out that I wanted to break up before I actually told my boyfriend, So he told him, and then my BF wasn't talking to me anymore
    SBohds Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 02:44 PM

Well, I would still call him and explain. I am sure his brother was just trying to protect him. But, explain about the peer pressure and all that and ask for forgiveness.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 03:04 PM

Humbling yourself before him is going to be part of the process. Call him and explain to him in as clear and concise way as you know how what happened and why you did what you did. Ask him to forgive you and then get off the phone, or if in person,which would be even better, leave.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 03:08 PM

So you told everyone before you told your b/f? That ain't right. I think he deserves an apology, and you deal with the consequences of your thoughtless behavior.

That has to be humiliating, being the last to know how a g/f feels, and to get dumped too??

Why didn't you just shoot the guy and be done?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this too harsh? [ 4 Answers ]

There is this guy that I dated a couple of times 7 months back, but distance made us drift apart. Distance is no longer an issue, but he now has a girlfriend who I hear he wants to break up with, but feels guilty about. This guy, seems to act confident and loud, but when it comes to confronting a...

It harsh to say but I don't like my cousin [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my cousin are always in competeiton Well at least she is. Like she's always trying to Brag about what she has and tries acting like she's better than me. Like why is she competing what is the prize? Like she's always saying she;s prettier just because She gots bigger bobbs than me...

How do I get over the harsh words? [ 14 Answers ]

I just recently broke up with a guy that I was seeing for 6 months. There were many reasons I broke up with him. The main reasons were that his parents were pushing him and I to getting married (go figure he is a successful lawyer but completely attached to the umbilical cord) and they were very...

Harsh ride on accord [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a solution for the harsh ride on a 2006 honda accord? Handles & maneuvers great but handles bumps like a buckboard. Thanks noboat

A little harsh. [ 47 Answers ]

HARSH YOU SAY? There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold...

View more questions Search