Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 11:08 AM
    [QUOTE=stevetcg;1491552]A "big honkin' geek" I believe she said.[QUOTE]

Did she say "big honkin' geek" or "big honkin' GEESE"?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Wait a minute! Credit is being given for being Jewish? I win hands down. Jewish Grandfather. Jewish husband. Jewish stepchildren. All "our" friends are Jewish - my husband was a Doctor of Pharmacy, for goodness sake. Everybody he KNEW is Jewish.

I win. So the rest of you can have more children, get more tattoos, replace the minivan (and you know who you are) and I'll STILL win!
    HEY! I admit it freely... I love my minivan! I can fit both kids, both strollers and a ton of groceries in it all at the same time. And its got a built in DVD player!

Um wait... did I say kids and groceries? I mean supermodels and footballs! Yeah!
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferWinfrey View Post
    Nothing has changed i just thought you all deserved a response and a thank you but i guess im being to nice now to be thinking :confused:some people deserve that much.

Now I'm going to go even more off track here.

The classiest thing I think I've ever seen on this board was posted by Hollylovesbrandon. I don't remember exactly how it went but she posted something to the effect of, "Oh, my God" when referring to her husband. And so someone followed that with a statement with the words OMG in it and it went on and on. Pretty soon Holly came back, LAUGHED at herself, JOINED the rest of us and carried it off.

I've had respect for her every since - what a class act!

(If you're reading this, Holly, I mean it.)

So Jennifer, lighten up.
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    So here is a point that is actually relevant to the thread:

If the cop gets sued for his part in this mess, can't he countersue for their part?

No, what will happen is even if he loses the Court will assess fault - how much of this did OP bring on herself.

And then if he wins he'll sue her for harassment, intentional infliction of emotional stress and filing a frivolous lawsuit, particularly because this has already been tried somewhere or other and the OP lost.

OP cannot tell a consistent story here. She's going to be a disaster on the stand.

Then the Officer will call CPS and everyone else he can think of and OP will spend a lot of time getting pulled over. Not saying it's right, just that it happens.

My gut feeling - this is one of those "You people are wrong. I have an Attorney. I'm going to sue. You are all going to be sorry you gave such poor advice" deals. And then nobody, any place hears another word about it.

There's a thread somewhere - the OP was in a bar and passed out (not from drinking, of course) and the entire staff of the bar (which had the "mistaken" belief she was intoxicated), when she was revived, told her to leave. She left and it was her plan to sue the bar for emotional distress - ? When told she had no case, no injuries, no monetary loss, she also got an Attorney and she's going to show all of us.

I'm still waiting.
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    HEY! I admit it freely... I love my minivan! I can fit both kids, both strollers and a ton of groceries in it all at the same time. And its got a built in DVD player!

Um wait... did I say kids and groceries? I mean supermodels and footballs! Yeah!

My image of you in leather chaps on your Harley is rapidly fading.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2009, 12:32 PM

Ok, I'm going to close this thread, because I think its gone too far afield and because I think Jennifer and her family deserved a little better.

InterestedParty used a different IP than Jennifer. While it was clear that InterestedParty was somneone who knew Jennifer, it was not as clear that they were the same. InterestedParty should have identified her relationship, though.

I agree with many comments that Jennifer and her family were not totally innocent parties here. The more prudent thing would have been to let this, obviously angry, driver goes his way and not get involved. That they responded to him is to their discredit and the part of the reason he was not found guilty.

As pointed out, you can get a lawyer willing to take on any case as long as you are willing to pay. My hope is this lawyer is not trying to soak you for a fee on a case he can't win.

I wish you luck and we would like to hear the results. I do apologize that the response here was a bit over the top, though I din't feel it was completely unjustified.

Thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Innocent chatting no longer innocent [ 19 Answers ]

I started chatting with a guy online who said he was looking for a male or female friend to go out with that evening and from time to time. I could not make it that evening, but I informed him I would be free to go some other time. I informed him also that I was married and only looking for...

Pulled over, pulled out of truck, truck searched, wrong guy? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, my boyfriend got pulled over this morning and was told to get out of his truck. The police then searched his truck (tore apart his truck, is what he said) and then they said "oh, sorry, we have the wrong guy". Is there anything he can do here? He has no criminal past (few speeding tickets)...

ATI Rage driver [ 1 Answers ]

:( Hi, I need the latest drver for Driver for ATI Rage/Rage II PCI )ati_m64).Does anyone know where I can get it. nocando

Rage problems... [ 7 Answers ]

I have been finding myself getting into fights lately. I went to jail about a week ago for getting into a fight, but it was justified (if you read in the relationship threads). But I got into ANOTHER fight tonight for pretty much NO REASON. I don't know what is going on with me lately. I have...

Ati xpert 98 rage [ 4 Answers ]

I have just bought an 'ati xpert 98 rage pro 8mb agp graphics card` and I can find no slots to fit it into. It is similar to my other cards, e.g. Modem and dvd decoder card but the connectors to the expansion slots are too far back to connect. Is there a way of fitting this card or have I bought...

View more questions Search