Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bradfordzilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Luxaire gas furnace
    I have a luxaire gas furnace model number G8T08012UHA11A. The igniter would not ignite so I replaced it with a norton igniter 02532625000 model 271n 0734. Still would not ignite. I can hear the gas come on and you can light it with a match. How can I test to make sure I got a good igniter and if I do what should I check next ?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 15, 2009, 07:57 PM

Check the voltage at the connections for the igniter.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 15, 2009, 08:10 PM
    can hear the gas come on and you can light it with a match.

Not a good idea at all.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jan 16, 2009, 06:35 AM

Please don't put yourself in the Darwin Award Hall of Fame by lighting by hand. Pull out your multimeter, unplug the igniter, get the tstat to call for heat, and check your voltage where the igniter plugs in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luxaire furnace Model# G9T08012UPB13C [ 2 Answers ]

6 years old. Blower runs, ignitor glows, natural gas valve clicks but no flame. Blower remains on ignitor glows & cycles 3 times but never fires. Is it the ignitor (not hot enough) or the control valve? I've got a Simpson meter but don't know what values I'm looking for.I had same problem with a...

Luxaire Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace at our second home runs the fan but no heat comes out. This does not happen all the time. Can be a problem because we are not here all the time

Luxaire Furnace Blowing Cold Air [ 1 Answers ]

I came home this evening to find my luxair furnace running, but only cold air coming out of the vents. The led light is flashing 4 times. I replaced the filter, turned the furnace off for an hour, but the problem persists. The owners guide indicates the 4 flashes indicates that the auxiliary...

Luxaire furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace cuts in and out far too often and my furnace will cut in and blow nothing but cold air. The red trouble shooting light flashes 8 times meaning "lockout caused by loss of flame" Any ideas why either of these situations happen?:confused: I have put in a new flame sensor as well as a...

View more questions Search